Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Please Patch In A Bust Slider for Female Werewolves' Beast Form

The devs have done such a great job with gender expression and gender identity up to this point. The team has unlocked every piece of clothing, hair style, and makeup style for both genders. The team has allowed us to choose a masculine or feminine frame for our sims. The team has allowed us to choose whether a sim can get pregnant, can get others pregnant, or is completely infertile. The team has even recently allowed us to customize our sims's pronouns. All of that is great, and I'm very happy to have all of those options...but the presence of all of these wonderful options makes the fact that our female werewolves' bust slider is permanently locked to the flattest setting in beast form all the more noticeable, egregious, and frustrating.

All I want is to express my characters' gender and physical appearance as I like. Don't give me lines about canines having multiple mammary glands, because the lower bodies of our werewolves are (debatably) tailless and have plantigrade feet, neither of which are anatomically correct for canines, but which are anatomically correct for humans. Don't give me that line about the female bust being somehow inherently inappropriate somehow, because 1) we can make the bust of all other types of female sims as large or small as we desire and it's somehow not a problem and 2) for many women, breasts are just a normal part of our bodies that we see and interact with every single day, and there is nothing dirty or shameful or inappropriate whatsoever about them. For some of us, they are even a personally important and meaningful part of our womanhood for one reason or another. Having my ability to express my characters' gender in any of their forms locked because some people are, for whatever reason, uncomfortable with normal female anatomy is just really upsetting.

I'm not even asking for much, just a slider that allows us to pull the bust of a female werewolf out further to show the curve of the chest. Cover the cleavage with chest fluff if you have to, have the linked body sliders not link the bust between the two forms by default if you just must, but let us have a rounded and noticeable bust if we want one. I can't even get through CAS with a female werewolf because I have to keep them topless to preserve the chest floof to keep even a mild semblance of a feminine profile up top, so I can't even enjoy dressing them in these lovely tops, and outfits, and dresses that come with this or any other pack because as soon as their top is covered, the chest becomes an unflattering straight line from the side. I don't want my female sims to suddenly lose all semblance feminine curves up top because I put a dang shirt on them!

I shouldn't have to choose between keeping them topless but (with a ton of posture slider and chest height slider manipulation) having some mild semblance of a bust or putting a top on them but having their chests go total pancake. That's not a position that makes me feel included as a player. It makes me feel put out and upset that on my favorite supernatural beings of all time in this game, I can't express a female character's gender in her beast form, her most powerful, dynamic, and badoars form, in a feminine way because someone thought breasts are not important and can be omitted on a whim in that form, for that occult in particular, so people who are uncomfortable with human breasts on characters who are or look like anthropomorphic animals can breath a sigh of relief that, when they download a female werewolf sim from the gallery, they will never have a bust.

If the team hadn't given us so much creative freedom with our sims' appearances and gender expression so far, maybe this wouldn't be such a huge deal for me. Maybe if our bust sliders were locked at a B cup, and we couldn't have cartoonishly wide hips, and we couldn't have our guys be hulking musclemen out of the gate, and we couldn't change between male and female frames, or pick fertility settings, or customize pronouns, I would more easily be able to accept this design decision...but because we got so much freedom with sim creation up to this point, the werewolf bust issue stands out like a sore thumb and it stings immensely. One occult, one body part...one massive denial of gender expression in a game that has so far been relatively unrestricted in that regard. It's a massive step backward. If I can give a male sim a female frame or make a cartoonishly feminine-looking female sim who can get other sims pregnant...I should be able to give my female werewolves an actual bust in their beast form.