Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Rare ROM brooms and wands - help!

I have a Sim with the highest magic rank, I've purchased all the perks, learned all the spells and potions BUT I can't find a single rare Broom or Wand. Is this broken? I feel like I've tried everything - at no charge to overcharged. I've tried duels in the Magic Realm, home lots, and the new world. I win about half despite the perks, I've tried duels with inexperienced Spellcasters all the way up to Sages as well as buying from the market - I got nothing but common and uncommon items!

I'm repairing my game right now to see if maybe that'll help but I think it's bugged. Is it just me?
  • I just realized I made a misstatement in my previous post, it's not the rare wands missing, it is 100% of the recolors. I've been able to collect all of the brooms including recolors and all of the original wands. I win duels. None of the wand recolors ever show up.
  • Yeah, it's the wand recolors. My collector is a top-ranked witch and a master dueller, wins every time, and goes to the shop every day, but she's got about a hundred wands and none of them are recolors. Also, the game thinks she's completed the magic artifacts collection. This is making my OCD scream. This Sim has every collectible in the entire game, except these wands.

Where do we report bugs?
  • "To7m;c-17267586" wrote:
    If she’s completed it isn’t that a good thing? I’m confused.

—T

This Sim has a basement with all the stuff in it. Every collectible, on shelves or tables, or hanging on the walls. The game thinks she's completed the collection, but she hasn't actually. The silhouettes of the ten recolors are all empty, and she doesn't have the wands to display.
  • You can get the rarest wand/broom in two colours. First, save your current home in the... I forget what it's called. The place you save things to keep for later or share with others. Then, there's a community creation called Magical Family House or something like that, that has a wand of nature, two different coloured wands of the forgotten, a gnarled broom, two rocket brooms and two different crystal zoomers. Take what you like, then replace that lot with your own again. You can use the hidden object cheat for all familiars, or even your own shops/stalls. But I still need the full collection for my shop. I want to sell all woodworking table stuff, inventions, serums, potions, wands, brooms and familiars. Not spells, because you can gain them with duels. I used the wizard cheat, ancient bloodline cheat, and modify relationship cheat for one character, became friends with the sages, ask for all the spells/potions you can, and continually duel for the rest.