Forum Discussion

mariefoxprice83
New Adventurer
7 years ago

Sad mood - mourning

Has anyone noticed an increase in the mourning moodlet since the last patch? In my current game, my sims are getting it almost every day. I'm sure they don't know THAT many people dying!
  • It's driving me bonkers because my sim and her husband have only just become Elders and I know for a fact that many of her friends and colleagues are still alive yet she is constantly mourning somebody. The husband and sons have the issue too but not as badly as she does.
    alanmichael1
    Seasoned Hotshot
    "stilljustme2;c-16661796" wrote:
    I would like to see it toned down a bit -- maybe about 8 hours for acquaintances, a day for friends, 2 days for Good Friends+ and family members. Some of my starting Sims are starting to get up there in years, even on Long lifespan (I've been playing this save a while; I deleted all the premades but I'm starting to add in a few like the Pancakes and the Landgraabs), so I'm expecting a few more deaths in the coming days.

2 days of mourning is way too long for every situation in my opinion. And what is worse, they have made it more difficult for us to tone down mourning via gameplay. The console-yourself interaction at the mirror for example has a timer now and ends after a few seconds.
  • I've actually been able to "bury" the Sad moodlet with enough other activities, like having Sims do a lot of video gaming or dancing. Similar to real life in a way where people will do other things to distract themselves from their grief, then look happy when they're still mourning inside.
  • I keep getting the calls that someone died, and even if my sim dislikes the person they still are sad for 2 days. It's ridiculous and should only happen if your sims was friends with the sim that died.