Forum Discussion

DoloresGrey
Seasoned Newcomer
5 years ago

Share your most recent fails

Today I've done a silly thing which I can't take back due to saving.

So, last week or so I furnished a super duper cute apartment for my freshly graduated sim. I used the simkea sp (by Illogical Sims). It took me hours to furnish her one bedroom apartment. I was really chuffed with the result. The very next day my sim got pregnant. With twins. So she and her family enjoyed their awesome apartment only for one week because there wasn't enough room and rooms for all of them. I decided to move them to another place.

And I accidentaly took the furniture with them.

Spoiler
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZebTmyvw85gnm/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/xiAqCzbB3eZvG/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/p8Uw3hzdAE2dO/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/WH85q8e201wlO/giphy.gif

I was really looking forward to once come back to live there with one of her children.

I am so sad.

Please, share your fails so I know I am not there alone :(
  • Well, since I installed DU I discovered that I can’t rotate households unless I

A) Want my presentation board to disappear
    B ) Want my Sims to fail their exams despite doing all of their homework
    C) The exams to randomly occur while there is still 4-5 days left in my semester
    D) The nice surprise of losing all my previous semesters and starting all over again

I learned this the hard way... four times in a row.
  • "DoloresGrey;c-17405692" wrote:
    @SquirrelTail15 How did your pregnant sim die? :o

Embarrassment. My friend had one die of fire last week, though.

Edited because I can't spell, apparently.
  • @Peppermix I am currently play testing a life path challenge I wrote that requires rotational play between two households. The rhythm to the to rotation that switches Sunday 8 am is when playing the non uni family, go early Saturday morning and enroll the uni SIMs, go back to the non uni family until Sunday am then switch to the uni SIMs. This way their term is M to F. Marks post Friday evening. I then rotate out Sunday Morning and they sit out school while I am with the other family. Leaving a family at any time during the school term is asking for trouble.
  • "NRowe;c-17377783" wrote:
    Started with three female Sims. One is an unflirty geek (and a scientist).
    Thought she hit it off with a townie named Riya. They are sooo cute together actually.
    When I split the original flat/household up (one moving in with Bob Pancakes, her boyfriend and one moving to an apartment), this scientist moved in with Riya.

Fail comes in where Riya has the kleptomaniac (okay, no real biggie) and the unflirty traits. Ever tried to get two unflirty Sims together? Had a lovely summer holiday (kinda based on Fourth of July), but every time I tried some light flirting, instant embarrassment. Luckily they have two seperate bedrooms (made that mistake with a previous couple).

Looking for an excuse to give Riya a retraiting potion to rectify the situation.

Reminds me of the times I've tried to get chummy with Vlad so my sim can get turned to a vampire by him, learn from him, and eventually move into his awesome house with him. But it seemed as if nothing would win him over and could only maintain a bit of green friendliness. Finally I learned he is a Loner, which alone makes things difficult to get to know someone as of course Loner sims get uncomfortable around people they are not friends with. But when you couple that with Uncontrollable Hissing, that makes it nigh impossible to get to be friends with Vlad(as that takes away friendship every time it happens).
    Well played, Sims. Well played.
  • Killed Vlad the vampire after he woohooed my Sim in an observatory outside. Decided to not read and ruined my immediate ugly Legacy plans.

I've literally spent 4 chapters of my Legacy trying to resurrect the guy. UGH. VLAD.
  • "EnkiSchmidt;c-17364387" wrote:
    I failed getting into the Secret Society with a sim. It's probably a spoiler
    Spoiler
    Being under the impression that she needed to befriend the members I did exactly that and then waited night upon night upon night to get abducted just like in Sims 2... Nothing happened. I had seen the option to donate collectables at the statue in the courtyard, but assumed it was for grades only, never made the connection between that and the Society. Now that sim has finished uni and missed her chance.

I thought you could study more than one career

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,109 PostsLatest Activity: 29 seconds ago