Forum Discussion

jannaeddie
Seasoned Newcomer
4 years ago

Should destination worlds be made livable?

Now that we have rental lot types in all worlds would you prefer to make Selvadorada and Granite Falls like all the other worlds?
    Kyr0e
    New Spectator
    To quote what I said on a related question:
    "KyreRoen;c-17983225" wrote:
    As we move away from US-centricity in The Sims (and as more people opt to have their sims live elsewhere), Sims 4's vacation system (placing down a rental anywhere) allows for more customisability to one's idea of the world and its configuration. Not to mention that even within range of one's abode, one can set rentals to act as getaways and rendezvous spots.

The last step is just to make the current "destination worlds" livable, and only make themed worlds (like Batuu) vacation-only.

It makes no sense to have reasonably livable worlds closed off only for travel, anymore. Other than Batuu, there's no advantage to it.
  • My bias definitely is I want this since I hate the vacation system which makes those two worlds largely useless to me otherwise, but even approaching this from the neutral perspective of who it would hurt says to do it because it doesn't hurt anyone. People that only want to vacation would and people that want to reside would. No one is hurt by allowing others to treat it as they please.
    Lonewolf1044
    Seasoned Spectator
    "Calico45;c-17983705" wrote:
    My bias definitely is I want this since I hate the vacation system which makes those two worlds largely useless to me otherwise, but even approaching this from the neutral perspective of who it would hurt says to do it because it doesn't hurt anyone. People that only want to vacation would and people that want to reside would. No one is hurt by allowing others to treat it as they please.

I agree with your post and I see no problem if one can live in these neighborhoods if they wish. It is an choice that should be left up to the player. CL is useless to me as I am forced to live in CL neighborhood if I want to live an apt which I feel Apts should be available in all neighborhoods as Sims 4 is supposed to be an sandbox and I look at it as an limit to my creativity.
    jannaeddie
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Ideally this would be paired with an option to keep sims “local” or “locals only” in manage your worlds or settings as this was one feature of destination worlds that made them unique. I believe Selvadoradan locals only show up in Selvadorada (correct me if I’m wrong) and this functionality could really enhance the entire game if added to the rest of the game. (Also the ability to delete and add worlds to a save space) (and the ability to limit npc generation and walk bys)
    VWoodsong
    Seasoned Observer
    "simopolis;c-17984085" wrote:
    Ideally this would be paired with an option to keep sims “local” or “locals only” in manage your worlds or settings as this was one feature of destination worlds that made them unique. I believe Selvadoradan locals only show up in Selvadorada (correct me if I’m wrong) and this functionality could really enhance the entire game if added to the rest of the game. (Also the ability to delete and add worlds to a save space) (and the ability to limit npc generation and walk bys)

Selvadorada locals (their internal designation being Jungle Native, if I recall correctly) show up all the time in my saves. Well, if at least one of my sims has already been to Selvadorada, that is. There are mods you can use to slow their spawning, but I personally don't mind having them around. If my played sims can travel, why can't they? :sunglasses:
    jannaeddie
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "VeeDub;c-17984262" wrote:

Selvadorada locals (their internal designation being Jungle Native, if I recall correctly) show up all the time in my saves. Well, if at least one of my sims has already been to Selvadorada, that is. There are mods you can use to slow their spawning, but I personally don't mind having them around. If my played sims can travel, why can't they? :sunglasses:

I think I just want that feature... to be able to restrict sims to their world unless on vacation. Also would prefer if sims stayed on vacation when rotating to another household so we could play rotationally with sims staying nearby on vacation and showing up on lots (because I prefer sims to be restricted to their worlds when I play) but that could be just my personal preference to how I would like the game to work, and I know a lot of other players like to let their sims explore the world as they please. To me that just defeats the purpose of even having rental lots as sims can just go where they like from their homes without having to pay money. I guess this is one element of realism I wish the game catered to more. I would love if it cost money and took time to travel to different lots and worlds. It would make gameplay a little harder and more fun in my opinion but I know some people disagree.
    VWoodsong
    Seasoned Observer
    "simopolis;c-17984307" wrote:
    "VeeDub;c-17984262" wrote:

I think I just want that feature... to be able to restrict sims to their world unless on vacation. Also would prefer if sims stayed on vacation when rotating to another household so we could play rotationally with sims staying nearby on vacation and showing up on lots (because I prefer sims to be restricted to their worlds when I play) but that could be just my personal preference to how I would like the game to work, and I know a lot of other players like to let their sims explore the world as they please. To me that just defeats the purpose of even having rental lots as sims can just go where they like from their homes without having to pay money. I guess this is one element of realism I wish the game catered to more. I would love if it cost money and took time to travel to different lots and worlds. It would make gameplay a little harder and more fun in my opinion but I know some people disagree.

Yeah, I see how players more into realism might want that. But I prefer an alternate version of "realism" for this game (or else I'd have to moan about my sims spinning to change outfits or age up, or about seeing any overt signs of magic or other things we don't see in real life, lol). I'd feel like neighborhoods would become pretty claustrophobic if I rarely or never saw any new faces in them. However, I do agree that it would be great if sims on vacation wouldn't suddenly NOT be on vacation just because we rotated out to play a different household for a while.