Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Spliced plants are awful now.

I'll start by saying I like how gardening is now, I really enjoy that plants all have in-seasons now BUT this new system of "Spliced plants will spawn less often" is awful. I played a gardener sim all the way through Young Adult to Adult and she just grew into an elder. In that time I had 3 spliced plants that should have given me Dragonfruit, 1 for Parsley, and 1 for Bird of Paradise. In her entire lifespan I got 1 or 2 Parsley. My gardener sim couldn't even grow her own cowplant, I had to fish for one! And she did flower arranging and I could never do any Bird of Paradise arrangements. I checked all 5 plants every sim day and there was never a single Dragonfruit or BoP. I completely understand not wanting to spawn like 5 of them every day but this is ridiculous.
  • "TomasGrizzly;c-17120986" wrote:
    Considering some of the grafting combos need some heavy pre-planning as the plants don't grow at once, the Seasons nerf to grafting was far too much. Since there's some time needed to reach Gardening level 5, it might require at least two full cycles (so up to 56 sim days) just to set up the grafting - which is pretty much full adult lifespan on normal. Thus, if we take into account the first day is no production (the plant needs to grow into harvest), you have pretty much six chances (supposedly around 1:100 rate or worse) per 28 days to get the spliced plant.

Again, considering the lifespan around which the game is tuned, this is just poor design/tuning.

That's a good point as well. I had a decent indoor greenhouse so I rotated everything out with the seasons, so my grafted plants had a chance to spawn literally every day. If I wanted to play purely seasonal based gardening I would be even more frustrated.
  • "Pegasys;c-17123629" wrote:
    Check out Carl's website - He actually made mod just for this issue. He discovered that the way the tuning had been set up there was something like a 1 in 200 chance to spawn rares (don't know if it's been changed in the latest patch). That's too low!!! His mod changes it to equal chances for spliced plants. Check out "Spliced Plant Rare Spawn 'Bug Fix' Mod" at: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/mods/

Yeah, it pretty much reverts the changes made to the spawning chances. I use it but downloaded it long ago and forget where exactly it was to link it.
  • > @Chushii58 said:
    > IceyJ wrote: ยป
    >
    > Use the long life span, if you're not already. I haven't played a gardener in a while, but I don't like when it's too easy to get rare things. It's fine for me.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I play on a slightly longer lifespan than the "normal" setting with MC Command Centre. I shouldn't have to play a long lifespan to accomplish something that is part of the "Freelance Botanist" (growing a cowplant). I'm not saying they shouldn't be rare, but for this one sim the success rate was near 0 minus 1 measly parsley harvest. And I don't have the energy to try to replicate this with a whole other sim lifespan.

Just fish for the berry, and boom cow plant.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,072 PostsLatest Activity: 5 hours ago