Forum Discussion

moppy14w
Seasoned Newcomer
7 years ago

Split Household Inventory/Take Furniture Upon Moving Sim Out?

Are there any work arounds, or any additions to the game that will allow us to send furniture with a young adult Sim who is moving out of the family home? (I’m pretty sure we weren’t able to as of a year or so ago).
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    That looks interesting @Pegasys. A nice little piece of gaming artistry. Thanks for sharing.
    I have moved my Sim already, but I may keep this in mind for future moves.

It’s another way isn’t it @SimChessack? I imagine the items are all build mode full price when re-imported?

I can report that moving was successful. I moved the whole family to an apartment in San Myshuno (this meant no cheats) using the phone. When you sell the furniture, the new household (i.e. your YA) gets the value of the original house. :o
    I unpacked the family inventory of all items I wanted kept before the first move {boy they gather a lot of junk, like real life!} and unpacked the inventory completely once at the apartment.
    Then using Manage Households, I spilt off the family and moved the Sims I wanted back into their home using FreeRealEstate (which did prove to be essential as they only got given 20,000 for the move).

It means my YA is quite a bit richer than I ideally wanted and had the parents had more cash in the bank/on hand they would have been seriously shortchanged. But they got where I wanted them to go in the end.
    {Anyone know how to tweak the family funds, so I can take some of that windfall from my YA?}
  • There is a mod (sorry, dont have the link right now) that has a usable "crate" that can hold basically any and any amount of objects, and them get placed right into your sim's personal inventory. That's what I've been using for my sims that move out--I like it cause it also feels like something's actually "happening", at least a little, I can have a little ritual of "packing" before just going to manage households and moving themout :-P
    moppy14w
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Cheers FanPhoria. I believe Pegasys has linked the mod you are talking about above.
  • If you want your teen/young adult sim to have less money and the family to have more, try giving them the gift of simoleons :-) No cheat required! (sorry to resurrect an old thread!)