Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Stop making food when another sim is cooking!!!!!

Is there a mod out there that stops sims from taking it upon themselves to make food when another sim is cooking? This really gets on my nerves and it's a waste of money. I mean, if they are so smart, why not recognize that someone else is about to feed you?!

Please, help @SimGuruGrant, @SimGuruGraham? Anyone?
    SimTresa
    Rising Novice
    "suzanna13;c-16411163" wrote:

I totally agree with you both and also started tossing the cake.
    Funny thing is, my sims have my bad habits. I guite often grab supper leftovers for breakfast and who doesn't like cake!

I only do that if i've slept in late, or if it's the day after Thanksgiving or Chirstmas.

ldm2
    New Spectator
    Also annoying when you want to take the family out to dinner, but have to wait for someone to get home from work. There's not much you can do there except have everyone take a nap or set them to some other activity while waiting, but still have to watch the fridge lol. I'm fine with autonomous eating since it's not always easy to keep track of a big family's needs, but yeah, there's really no need for more than one sim to be cooking a meal at one time.

I've also noticed lately that when you rotate into a household the sims are always hungry & running for the fridge. That's also kind of annoying because I like to cheat the needs up first thing so I can first figure out where I'm at with that family. I kind of like it better when they were all running for the toilet.
    SimTresa
    Rising Novice
    Well the same could be said about that plate of fish tacos that was sitting there for several hours before another sim came along and took some.. why are they eating cold food instead of heating it up?
    JaiSea
    Seasoned Rookie
    "Finvola;c-16413624" wrote:
    It drives me crazy, especially when I play large households. I now use the autonomy tuner in MCCC to stop it. They aren't allowed to cook autonomously anymore. When the leftovers are gone, I'll pick one to cook a party meal. If one of them gets hungry and I click to autosolve, I can tell when they were planning on cooking a fresh meal despite there being leftovers in the fridge. They'll just stand there and wave their hands. It's a bit of extra work to click on "grab leftovers" when this happens if they don't grab the leftovers autonomously (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't), but it's far less annoying than them all raiding the kitchen attempting to cook single plate meals while one sim is trying to make a family or a party size meal.

I'll have to look in the settings and look for that! I don't normally mind that. It drives me crazy though when guests come over and want to hang out in my fridge and everyone is getting food one right after another. I never can get to the fridge myself to make the cake or the group meal that has to be served. Now I make the cake before hand, but since the group meal is a task to earn the gold I have to wait till the party starts. However, the guests always get to the fridge before me.
  • "simgirl1010;c-16419009" wrote:
    I have the UI cheat installed and I'll just adjust the hunger bar up while the meal is being prepared and then move it down and call everyone to eat.

I was using the UI but I took it out. I may have to plop it back in once it's updated after Seasons comes out.
  • "TresaofPern;c-16411112" wrote:
    "Huiiie_07;c-16410671" wrote:
    It's also annoying when they just got up and decide to grab fish tacos for breakfast, even though there also are good quality pancakes in the fridge. It's something I find even more annoying.

Or cake! I've taken to just dumping the cake in the garbage after the birthday party, unless another is coming up before the cake goes bad. Otherwise they eat their cake while I'm not looking, then two hours later they're hungry again, at which point they either have to starve until they can get home from work/school and eat, or I make very sure they don't go for more cake.

I've started doing this too, same with baked sweets like the brownies and biscuits. After a birthday the cake will go into the bin, sometimes I keep the brownies, but after a while, I just end up throwing them out because it's all my sims want to eat.
  • > @Faraway_Son said:
    > I agree with all these comments, but what really irks me is that once my sim has made a family size portion of 'mac and cheese', he puts it in the fridge. Now that makes sense, so far so good, however, when another family member goes to the fridge to get a portion, they don't use the microwave to heat it up...I mean who eats cold mac and cheese out of the fridge?
    > It's a minor detail but eating cold meals out of the fridge annoys me. So I never make family size portions anymore, my sims make individual portions that are eaten then and there!!

Omg thats so funny, I actually never even thought of that, it honestly doesn't annoy me, it's so fun to see what other players think about stuff!
  • "TresaofPern;c-16411112" wrote:
    "Huiiie_07;c-16410671" wrote:
    It's also annoying when they just got up and decide to grab fish tacos for breakfast, even though there also are good quality pancakes in the fridge. It's something I find even more annoying.

Or cake! I've taken to just dumping the cake in the garbage after the birthday party, unless another is coming up before the cake goes bad. Otherwise they eat their cake while I'm not looking, then two hours later they're hungry again, at which point they either have to starve until they can get home from work/school and eat, or I make very sure they don't go for more cake.

Same here.
  • Everyone, just stock the darn fridge with plenty of whatever food you want your Sims to eat, and accept the fact that sometimes a Sim wants something not so breakfast-y for breakfast :D Personally, I can eat anything for breakfast - bread, eggs, meat, cereal, pancakes, birthday cake, cookies, you name it. Sims are diverse. It is us, the Simmers, who are the control freaks and can't think out of the box B)
  • But if I'm hungry while my husband is cooking, I also grab a bite to eat. But okay, I try to not get filled so that he won't be cooking in vain :D

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,080 PostsLatest Activity: 49 minutes ago