Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Sulani Volcanic BBQ Searer - poor quality

Any suggestions for good quality meals on the BBQ searer? My Sims have high cooking skills but the meals on the searer come out poor.
  • @JACKIEJOY - I've tried all you tried except child of the islands. I've tried 2 Sims in my main family and one other. I've tried 3 lots. All feasts on the bbq come out "poor".
    @Sketch793 - one of my Sims reached 10 level cooking - all of a sudden there was a new bbq pit recipe for chicken with skill level 10 - my 10 level Sim made it and it came out "poor".
  • Changed trait of main cook to child of the islands. Got a new bbq searer. Tried again and got "normal" results - still not very good.
  • @JACKIEJOY - just had a Sim with cooking skill at 2 make an "excellent" feast on the bbq searer located on a park lot.
  • @jackiejoy the "park" lot seems to be the way to get excellent results. The "beach" lot also makes poor or normal.
    Sketch793
    Rising Hotshot
    I think you should report this as a bug over on EA Answers, if you haven't already. Cooking skill should affect the quality of anything you cook, no matter what you cook on or where you cook it.
  • @Sketch793 - I did report - along with my experiments. I agree the cooking method should be consistent - just vary by cooking skills. New discovery - there is a pavilion in Sulani with a bonfire - this is not a real lot but Sims wander there - there is a bbq searer so I had a Sims make a feast and it came out "normal". On a "park" lot he can make excellent feast.