Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Teach to ride bike not working?

I've tried to get the dad to teach one of the kids to ride a bike, and they both seem to agree to it but then the action goes away and they just stand there. I've tried both having the kid ask the dad to teach him and the dad asking the kid to teach him. I've also tried with the bike in the kids inventory and it just sitting outside in the yard. Anyone else with this issue?

EDIT: See below for an update!
  • @Sara1010P - thank you, perhaps my game is glitched for some reason.
    @Daephene - good idea, would love to know if it works as I likely won't get back into the game until next weekend.
  • "ThisSentenceIsALie;c-18246099" wrote:
    I had the same issue, then I tried placing the bike a few squares further away from the house and suddenly it worked (except the kid happily biked up on the foundation of the house.....). Perhaps it is a space-issue?

I tried doing that as I had them in the front yard at first so I moved them to the back yard. Although there is a picnic table in the back so next time I'm in I might try moving the picnic table out of the way so they have the whole yard to try.
    MissIcewolf
    Rising Traveler
    "vancanuckfan86;c-18245804" wrote:
    @Icewolf - glad to know I'm not the only one. If you don't mind me asking - Have your Sims been able to hit the learn to bike milestone on their own? I feel like my Sims have been practicing forever with no signs of improvement.

Yeah, as others already said, it works fine practicing on their own. I feel like it works better to just bring the kid somewhere with lots of space and then practise. If I ask an adult in the house they might start practicing in the house, haha.
    cchant86
    Seasoned Rookie
    My Sims went to the park (the one in MyShuno and then Oasis Springs) and the dad was able to help his daughter learn to ride. He also was able to help her learn in MyShuno at the festival area outside the arts center when there was no festival going on.