Forum Discussion

7 years ago

The lack of Gender Equality in Sims 4.

When I started playing The Sims, the game was called a “Life Simulation”, but Sims 4 makes it look like a doll house game.
I came through this topic to illuminate a fact that has been irritating me over the years. For each SP, GP and EP the male sims receive much less content than the female sims. As an example, there are almost 170 hairs for women, while for men there are at most 95 hairstyles. And I'm not even going to waste my time counting each piece of clothing, when you just have to visualize the CAS to see a huge gap between them. Why Male Sims have less clothing and hairstyle then the Female Sims, and how the producers can fix that?
Probably most of the simmers are women, but that doesnt mean they are only going to play with female characters. I am myself a man and i play with male, female and non-binary sims all the time. The fact that i am a man doesnt limite me to enjoy playing only with sims of my gender, but i miss being able to recreate myself in the game. What is the phrase I read between these lines? Because I am a man, i am not allowed to care for my appearence? I am not able to find a hairstyle remotely similar to mine in the game. And what about the beards? If we get one each year, its too much!
Every male clothing piece look way to similar and I can see why. Sims 4 producers seem to be focusing not only in getting fashion trends in the game for CAS, but the majority of the objects follow that same rule. Makes sense for the game to try and be time accurate to the real world, but man... My father has some pieces of clothing in his wardrobe from every single year that he has been alive, from the 60s to today. Every time i amo n the streets i can see man and women wearing clothes and hairstyles that doont match the modern fashion trends, but because they like them. And I miss that in the game.
Every premade sims in the game looks rich, modern, fashion and unrealisticly pretty. The Sims 4 producers are trying way to hard to make things follow the fashion trends, and its making everything artificial. Not only do women get maximum attention in the game, as children and other stages of life have much less even than men. Of course, it's no problem for a man to play with dolls, the problem here is the lack of representativeness and realism. Please, Sims 4 producers put content in the game that is in equity for not only both genres, but for all ages.