Forum Discussion

bshag4lv
Seasoned Scout
5 years ago

This is getting ridiculous!

I sent my sim to Batuu to start out with, had her do all the regular stuff, dodging stormtroopers, opening crates, molding her clay, drawing on her digital sketchpad, huh?? I can't keep her off either the clay or sketchpad. Of course there's nothing in their inventory except Batuu stuff, right, wrong, clay is in her inventory but her pad isn't. :# The only good thing about clay appearing in her inventory in Batuu is I get galaxy credits for it instead of simoleans. She now has over 1600 in credits. If this is the result in some mod okay, but if not, I won't be sending her back to Batuu anytime soon.
  • They should adjust the Sims reactive behaviors, why introduce NAPs if you have to turn them off or mod them to work or your game to? That was one main feature of a few that aren't working properly from that pack, and tbh its not right for them to make you not able to use main features ( or any actually) in packs. There are too many issues not being addressed, and its fine if you want to turn them off but shouldn't HAVE to to get the game to work properly.
  • "Sharonia;c-17681321" wrote:

No! What we need is for EA to fix the problem. Mods shouldn't be a requirement in order to play the game without these kind of disruptions.

I kinda used the mod as a proof of concept for how a bug could be fixed back in June. I posted exactly how I did it in the official bug thread and now the exact same fix appeared in today's patch. I'd like to think I helped ?‍♂️
  • I hope the patch has helped too. I'm sure you did help any info they can get from us should help them fix things.

I feel an quick easy fix might be to at least make the clay drop 100% in value. I just sold 10 clay in my Sim child's inventory for $1500.
    amber_ilumire
    Seasoned Hotshot
    This clay bug is driving me mad. I was able to have my sims move house with the funds I'd made just from selling clay. It's constant - I'll clean out the clay from their inventories, switch to another sim and by the time I go back there's like 10 clays in their inventory again. They're also constantly stopping to play with the EL tablet autonomously. Even repealing and ultimately switching off NAPs didn't work. So yeah, I'm gutted that the patch didn't address the clay bug. I don't really use mods, so I'll just be playing in different saves until my affected sims are given a cure from this madness.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Funny thing is, the neighborhood she's from doesn't have that nap, the creative one. I usually set them myself, all the benign ones. :D
    Maybe that's why she only gets 3 or 4 instead of hundreds.
    Frn0731
    Rising Traveler
    "bshag4lv;c-17682794" wrote:
    Funny thing is, the neighborhood she's from doesn't have that nap, the creative one. I usually set them myself, all the benign ones. :D
    Maybe that's why she only gets 3 or 4 instead of hundreds.

Which are the benign ones? I'm afraid of all of them now. :#
  • "simvasion;c-17681943" wrote:
    "Sharonia;c-17681321" wrote:

No! What we need is for EA to fix the problem. Mods shouldn't be a requirement in order to play the game without these kind of disruptions.

I kinda used the mod as a proof of concept for how a bug could be fixed back in June. I posted exactly how I did it in the official bug thread and now the exact same fix appeared in today's patch. I'd like to think I helped ?‍♂️

Oh yes. You definitely helped and I am very grateful for it.
  • So, there are NAPs and elections on Batuu, too? Or is it part of the glitch? Sounds quite annoying...

Did we ever hear from EA re those ECO Lifestyle manias that nobody wants? How nice would it be if our sims actually had to have clay, violin, book or pad in their inventory in order to behave according to running NAP? It would make sense, and if we wanted NPCs to keep up with these NAP behaviors, we could gift them what hey need - and earn influence pomts. I'm pretty sure hardly any sane simmer would help NPCs to do this stuff...