Forum Discussion

mcrudd
Seasoned Adventurer
6 years ago

Tips for a successful Gold Kava Party

I tried two times but kept on running out of time and only earning a silver for the Kava Party. Third time however I played it smart and earned Gold in no time. So if you are interested here are a few tips.

* Prepare three group meals at home BUT don't complete them, only cook them until just before they are finish and leave them on the counters.
* Have a radio on allready
* Just before you start the event, prepare three bowls of the Kava juice.

You will find that with these three preps you will earn Gold in no time ;)

Happy simming everyone :D
  • I got silver on the first one but will try again!!! (I did it in a bar, had no idea I was supposed to make food and definitely wasn't prepared for it).
  • Thanks for all these tips! I didn't realize that the 1st two times I held a Kava Party that the reason neither had goals was because they were on the same days as holidays. Finally threw one on a normal day and got gold!
  • I had gotten silver on my sims first one, I decided after reading some of the tips to decide she had a sister coming to visit her at the beach. She stayed for a day, just happened to be on Kava Party take 2, and got gold. Only one guest actually showed up, lol, something else must have been going on or something because they are always seeking her out to talk to her so I know they dont hate her, and I had made her sister a guest. Thank you for all the tips.
  • I made sure my kava party wasn't on a holiday, but there were still no goals. I'll have to try again, I guess. but they work 5 days a week, it's kind of a pain...
  • Thanks for these tips! They made this task a lot easier. Just couldn't get past silver without running out of time. Preparing the Kava in advance and getting the food nearly ready were the keys to finishing well before the timer. I was frustrated enough getting just one little tick away from gold that I thought about using the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat!
  • Sometimes instead of Kava toast, it says "Cheers!" It works for the "make a toast" interaction as well if it happens to be the one showing.
  • "Iyasenu;c-17123809" wrote:
    If you have Get Famous, having Great Reputation on one of your Host Sims also makes it much easier to get Gold.
    Same for a Sim who has completed the Party Animal Aspiration.

With one of those, you should start all parties automatically at Bronze Level, and from there completing the Main Goal should rocket you up to Gold, even if you'd done none of the side goals.

At least that's how it was for the Sim who had Great Reputation and nothing else. :lol:

I thought it might be a mysterious bug that my sim’s party get golden prize in no time until I read this.
    Her good reputation is the answer Lol.
  • so, part of the event is to propose a toast. with kava in hand, i click a sim, but "kava toast" very, very rarely appears. i waste all my party time click on people and looking for "kava toast." how do i get it to appear every time?

also, i invite 3 sims to my party, and 10 strangers show up. how do i stop that?
    janyses
    Seasoned Spectator
    "pfbabyz2;c-17333404" wrote:
    so, part of the event is to propose a toast. with kava in hand, i click a sim, but "kava toast" very, very rarely appears. i waste all my party time click on people and looking for "kava toast." how do i get it to appear every time?

also, i invite 3 sims to my party, and 10 strangers show up. how do i stop that?

The sims need to be standing to make the interaction appear. It's stupid, and I wish EA would change it. I usually have them talk to another sim, then click the ground somewhere and then 'chat here' or 'walk here' together. Whatever gets them into a standing position.