Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Trick or treating question

Hello! I am wondering if playable child sims can trick or treat themselves? If so, how? I don't have spooky stuff, if that matters.

Thanks!
    Briana2526
    Seasoned Rookie
    "LaurenLoser16;c-16567335" wrote:
    No, they can’t. Selecting trick or treat as a tradition will allow other npc children to visit your house, though. You’ll be able to give them a trick or a treat.

I just found that out today that totally blows at least have the kids go trick or treating it could've been a rabbit hole and they came back with a bag or a pumpkin pale of candy. I was excited to think omg my kids can go trick or treating but no. Next I'm finding out how Thanksgiving will be.
  • "Briana2425;c-16567464" wrote:
    "LaurenLoser16;c-16567335" wrote:
    No, they can’t. Selecting trick or treat as a tradition will allow other npc children to visit your house, though. You’ll be able to give them a trick or a treat.

I just found that out today that totally blows at least have the kids go trick or treating it could've been a rabbit hole and they came back with a bag or a pumpkin pale of candy. I was excited to think omg my kids can go trick or treating but no. Next I'm finding out how Thanksgiving will be.

What a big, fat missed opportunity. Yes, it could have worked like Sims going off to their invisible job destinations. Or like in older games to steal the gnome back, or going for a hike etc. Or even have an 'event' held by the town or small district for a party for kids like the malls often do. Why does this game continually not take advantage of what has already come before like walking off lot to a rabbit hole, or an event even in a closed world system. Heck, Jasmine could have been the one holding an event for kids only.
  • No, they can’t. Selecting trick or treat as a tradition will allow other npc children to visit your house, though. You’ll be able to give them a trick or a treat.