Forum Discussion

6 years ago

TS4 Babies -- no one responds or responds poorly

So in T2 & TS3 if the baby needed anything, all sims (family & visitor) stopped and dropped everything to attend to the baby. However, in TS4 babies are virtually ignored. I have had sims visit a home with a baby and get a pop-up notice that the baby is very hungry and will be taken away. Well, it's not my sims responsibility to care for someone else's baby. I've seen babies screaming their heads off next to the bed of their sleeping parent(s) who do nothing but sleep. But, if a crying toddler comes in they pop up immediately and either talk to the toddler, but mostly ignore the toddler and do something else.

I have also seen stinking babies screaming thier heads off, sims responding to how much it stinks, but all they do is shoosh the baby, never change the baby. The parents of babies in inactive sim homes just ignore thier babies or shoosh them. Rarely do I see them feed, change, talk to etc the baby. Even when I go to that household and cheat up thier parenting skills, change their aspiration to a parenting one and give them the family trait, they still ignore the babies.

Is there a way EA, SimGurus to add a fix to the game that when babies cry, in actively played or inactive homes visited, that sims respond to the crying baby and try to figure out what is wrong?

It just seems wrong to watch a baby cry ALL night next to their sleeping parent who never rouses, and when they do awake they just ignore the baby.
  • It's really sad. Parent sims seem lie they ignore their kids a majority of the time. The AI needs to be seriously reworked :/
  • Yes, my main character is a Grand Master Vampire, he spends most his time being a nursery maid lol. Fix that EA!
  • Agree, I even have parenthood installed and parents still ignore babies and toddlers especially in inactive homes. In inactive homes, teens mostly engage toddlers, everyone mostly ignore babies.