Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Uni-sex clothing for non-transgender Sims

Not sure If it's bug or deliberately implemented, but I find it unnecessary cluttering there are opposite gender clothing categories in CAS, even when their clothing preference is not tweaked/changed. Naturally, button option (as an example) of blouse and brassieres shouldn't be available for male-preferense male Sims. Maybe I'm just to nitpicky, but anyone think/feel the same way?

My suggestion: have the opposite gender clothing categories greyed out unless the gender preference is switched. Or just be "minimized" or whatvever. Another button could be implemented on the whole clothing menu interface for accessibility (like to instatantly switch clothing preference).

https://i.imgur.com/9JJe24c.png
https://i.imgur.com/znpmyrs.png
  • "Felicity;c-17146559" wrote:
    "DragonCat159;c-17146547" wrote:
    Yeah.
    "friendlysimmers;c-17146422" wrote:
    honestly i do not get the point of this topic since it mostly do not change the way i play filters or no filters each players are free to create there sims the way they went.

My suggestion isn't hindering anyone ability to create transgender or non-transgender Sims. I just think it should be more convenient if those categories didn't show up during default creation, with the compesation of maybe including quick-button for dropboxing back those options (without having to reach back to gender setting panel).

I would post a screenshot, but I can't show up in one picture: since switching between clothing and name/trait/age/walk style interface closes one another.

Hasn't it been that way since release? I don't remember the UI changing in CAS between male and female sims. I think it would be a lot more work to hide them than it probably is worth.

I don't know. I wasn't around since way before the introduction of gender customization update.
  • "DragonCat159;c-17146566" wrote:
    "Felicity;c-17146559" wrote:
    "DragonCat159;c-17146547" wrote:
    Yeah.
    "friendlysimmers;c-17146422" wrote:
    honestly i do not get the point of this topic since it mostly do not change the way i play filters or no filters each players are free to create there sims the way they went.

My suggestion isn't hindering anyone ability to create transgender or non-transgender Sims. I just think it should be more convenient if those categories didn't show up during default creation, with the compesation of maybe including quick-button for dropboxing back those options (without having to reach back to gender setting panel).

I would post a screenshot, but I can't show up in one picture: since switching between clothing and name/trait/age/walk style interface closes one another.

Hasn't it been that way since release? I don't remember the UI changing in CAS between male and female sims. I think it would be a lot more work to hide them than it probably is worth.

I don't know. I wasn't around since way before the introduction of gender customization update.

I'm almost positive it's always been like that. Even the swimwear category has all the choices, though most of them are empty. It's just the way the UI is designed.