Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Unreal Engine and The Sims

For those whom don't know what the Unreal Engine is, it's a game engine. Much like the current game engine that drives The Sims today. Some Simmers including my self have seen the Unreal Engine in action. If you have played Doom, Conan Exiles and other games. These games are driven by the Unreal Engine. On to why what this is all about, I have just got done reading part of a article that Simsvip has up on their website. The article is about Sims 5 and the Blue Plumbob. In part of that article they had talked about The Sims might be having the Unreal Engine for it's game engine in the future. Now it's safe to say that Sims 4 is not likely to have the Unreal Engine as it's game engine. But they did say in the article that the next Sims game just might be driven by the Unreal Engine. Which might not be a bad thing for The Sims in the future because you get excellent detailing and sharper lines in the game and other wonderful game play animation. Conan Exiles is driven by Unreal 4 which is the fourth iteration in the Unreal Engine line. With Unreal 4, the hair on the characters heads move much like hair does in RL when there's a breeze blowing. The Unreal Engine can take The Sims in a direction that it's never gone before.
  • "sunman502;d-987670" wrote:
    For those whom don't know what the Unreal Engine is, it's a game engine. Much like the current game engine that drives The Sims today. Some Simmers including my self have seen the Unreal Engine in action. If you have played Doom, Conan Exiles and other games. These games are driven by the Unreal Engine. On to why what this is all about, I have just got done reading part of a article that Simsvip has up on their website. The article is about Sims 5 and the Blue Plumbob. In part of that article they had talked about The Sims might be having the Unreal Engine for it's game engine in the future. Now it's safe to say that Sims 4 is not likely to have the Unreal Engine as it's game engine. But they did say in the article that the next Sims game just might be driven by the Unreal Engine. Which might not be a bad thing for The Sims in the future because you get excellent detailing and sharper lines in the game and other wonderful game play animation. Conan Exiles is driven by Unreal 4 which is the fourth iteration in the Unreal Engine line. With Unreal 4, the hair on the characters heads move much like hair does in RL when there's a breeze blowing. The Unreal Engine can take The Sims in a direction that it's never gone before.

Yes I'm very familer with Real Engine. ManeaterGame has Real Engine and the Graphics look good. In MG you play as a Bull Shark.
  • As long as we get an amazing base game and good expansion packs that expand the game and any other kind of pack they want to throw out gives things you will enjoy and it’s not buggy and fun to play because the sims will be deeper and the worlds will be a cross between two and three I really don’t care what engine they use I just want to be able to also have enough space for my sims 2 game.