Forum Discussion

5 years ago

"Upgrade Your Game At No Extra Cost - Upgrade Now"

Last week I received an email from Origin saying "Thank you for redeeming your Origin Access Subscription Code" (which I do not recall doing) and suddenly I see that I've got a Basic Subscription. Then I also noticed that I can upgrade my game? What's the upgrade, it's not the Legacy, right?? (Because I'm a 64bit player)
Should I upgrade before my Basic runs out? What is this?
I know it's a 2-part question concerning both Origin (who I probably have to contact) and TS4 with this upgrade, so if anyone has input with the upgrade component that'd be great! Thanks :-)
    MDianaSims
    Seasoned Hotshot
    You got the free month of origin access because you have two factor authentication enabled.
    As for the upgrade, I think it's the digital deluxe? I have the same thing, but I already have the digital deluxe as a separate upgrade (which I also got for free a few years ago) but my game is still the standard edition. I'm also not sure if you can keep it after that month of free subscription expires.
  • Aaaaah, I see...
    Am I blind, or does it not notify us somewhere about these details? Maketh me feel silly lol.
    But thank you for your reply!
  • "Stephanie8509;c-17333150" wrote:
    Aaaaah, I see...
    Am I blind, or does it not notify us somewhere about these details? Maketh me feel silly lol.
    But thank you for your reply!

I don't recall receiving anything other than the email stating I had accessed a code key or some such thing. I did sign up for the authentication method to be able to get onto the forum, though. I've also been told in my now defunct thread that the basic game tag on the game cover will be gone in about a week. I did upgrade, but I am currently having a terrible problem. I've lost the UI altogether. Mind you, I wasn't able to add a new family into my game save, which I tried to do a few times. Then I did a game repair, still no luck. I then decided to uninstall through Origin and then re-installed it. Still the problem exits. I did notice I had the choice to return to the original edition of the game. I may just do that and see if the problem is resolved.