Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Water Purifying Solution

In the Environmental Manager career, you can Consult on Policy. One of the options is "Water Purifying Solution". The description is "Policy Effect: An experimental water purifying solution will be mixed into tap water. Long term effects are unknown."

So my question is, has anyone done this and what are the long term effects? Some of those policies have pretty big effects (like turning off the power at night), so what does this one do? Is it just a funny description? Anyone had it in place long term and found any effects?

I've tried googling and searching here, but haven't been able to find anything, so does it just not do anything?
  • I found something about this subject. I believe from what I read that it has to do with Global Policy. Like anything in the game, I have a feeling that this will affect the moodlet of a sim.

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-island-living-guide/#Conservationist

Global Policies

The aspect of the Environmental Manager that makes this branch stand apart is the ability to affect changes that impact Sulani and the world beyond. Using their phone, Sims can consult on Global Policies. Once you have selected a global policy you will need to consult several times before the policy is enacted. There is a cool-down period between when you will be able to consult on a global policy (roughly 12hrs) but you can “Check Progress on Global Policy” at any time. Once you have consulted several times and the progress reaches 100%, your new Global Policy will be enacted.

You can only consult on one policy at a time, but you can continue to enact as many new Global Policies as you would like. If at any time you decide you don’t like a policy, you can grab your phone and “Repeal Global Policy.” The repeal will be effective immediately.

Water Purifying Solution

An experimental water purifying solution will be mixed into tap water. Long term effects are unknown.

Pollution is causing issues with the drinking water supply! A drinkable purification solution has been developed and gained traction on social media as a revolutionary product. Policymakers are being urged to consider putting this solution in the water reserves.

Consult on this policy to regulate the pollution of tap water. The videos of the purifying solution can't be lying, right?

• Oh! This looks like a cool feature. I didn’t even know it existed! Now I’m excited to try out a Conservationist!

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,037 PostsLatest Activity: 11 minutes ago