Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Watering plants

It seems that since the new patch, my sims no longer need to water the plants. Its been a few sim days and several harvests and still the water option is grayed out. Anyone else confirm this? Is this a new feature added, or is this by design?
  • Yup, this has happened to be since the Seasons update, both before and after I purchased Seasons. I only need to water on first planting the seeds.
    akl1226
    New Spectator
    Okay so this might not help all but I had this issue as well and fixed it. I repaired my game, turned off origin in game, and took out my mods because I had a random crash on a high end computer. Went back in not even thinking about plants and saw they actually needed water and tending again the next sim day. Something I did fixed it, but I’m not sure what. Hope these things help others as well.
  • Well, I have never used mods in my life. I have had the problem happen on two different computers, one of which I installed S4 on after having purchased Seasons, and one it was on before. I can't imagine that I'd need to repair the game on TWO separate computers for the same issue -- that's just too much coincidence for me to believe.

Might be turning off origin would help. I will try that and see.
    akl1226
    New Spectator
    "SimChessack;c-16650510" wrote:
    Well, I have never used mods in my life. I have had the problem happen on two different computers, one of which I installed S4 on after having purchased Seasons, and one it was on before. I can't imagine that I'd need to repair the game on TWO separate computers for the same issue -- that's just too much coincidence for me to believe.

Might be turning off origin would help. I will try that and see.

Good luck! Hope it starts working for you soon as well. I am not easily frustrated by bugs but this one was very annoying. My sims barely gained the gardening skill without being able to water plants. So I do hope it gets fixed for those its continuing to be an issue with. I think I just got lucky.