Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Watermelon & Pumpkin?

So is there any way to plan a normal sized watermelon or pumpkin or does it have to be oversized?
    akl1226
    New Spectator
    If you just grow them and don’t fertilize them you should get small ones.
    amapola76
    New Adventurer
    My experience so far is that with the oversized seeds, if you take care of them (weeding, watering, spraying for bugs) but don't "encourage growth" or use fertilizer, you will get four small but decent quality vegetables. If you take care of them and use only the regular vitality fertilizer and don't encourage growth, you will get the two medium sized plants. If you take care of them, use the super vitality fertilizer, and encourage growth whenever you have the option, you will generally get a good (sometimes even perfect) quality oversized plant. That's not a guarantee it will work out like that, but that's how it's gone for me.
  • "catloverplayer;c-17941119" wrote:
    You can get the small pumpkin from the grocery store but right now it's broken.You can only put it in and remove from your inventory or view in notebook. You can't plant it or put it in the picnic basket and putting it in the fridge doesn't help.

I'm going to file a bug report later.

I don't think you should be able to plant it, you need seeds to plant crops. I'm not sure about a picnic basket, but if you can't can it or cook with it, then yes, it's a bug. I don't think it's possible to eat pumpkins and other crops straight from inventory though.
  • You can get the small pumpkin from the grocery store but right now it's broken.You can only put it in and remove from your inventory or view in notebook. You can't plant it or put it in the picnic basket and putting it in the fridge doesn't help.

• "somewhsome;c-17941276" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-17941119" wrote:
    You can get the small pumpkin from the grocery store but right now it's broken.You can only put it in and remove from your inventory or view in notebook. You can't plant it or put it in the picnic basket and putting it in the fridge doesn't help.

I don't think you should be able to plant it, you need seeds to plant crops. I'm not sure about a picnic basket, but if you can't can it or cook with it, then yes, it's a bug. I don't think it's possible to eat pumpkins and other crops straight from inventory though.

Turns out you have the option to can it.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,029 PostsLatest Activity: 51 minutes ago