We want world packs, not kit packs.

Bring back the world packs from Sims 3 aaaa
  • "calaprfy;c-17817413" wrote:
    A very British response...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZK4SegfjyU

:joy: :joy: :joy:
    best response yet
  • "telmarina;c-17818017" wrote:
    If it's true that Bust the Dust kit is coming with a new system (dust), several animations, a gameplay object and two aspirations maybe some kit can bring an empty world...

but I mean it would have to be more then a world right kits have to come with more then one thing
  • "Loanet;c-17818044" wrote:
    What are these kits about and how much will they cost? It sounds just like they're releasing multiple packs at once. Just trying another way to wrangle money out of us.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987390/a-new-pack-type-the-kit-is-coming-aka-sims-3-store-5-bucks-for-two-chairs-is-here/p1
  • "SERVERFRA;c-17816576" wrote:
    I so want the Moonlight Falls World from Sims 3 to be in Sims 4.

@SERVERFRA I would kill to have Sims 1/2/3 worlds buyable in Sims 4, and in SIms 5 the ones from all games + 4. So iconic... I don't think they should just forget they existed.

"Onverser;c-17816954" wrote:
    I so badly want world packs. It would be a good way of getting more interesting worlds without dedicating entire packs to them. Roaring Heights, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista and Midnight Hollow making a return as world packs would be a dream. I so badly want another island world but they will never do that with a full pack as Island Living is already there, same with another city world.

@Onverser have you ever thought that the meshes from those worlds from Sims 3 (the new objects we could buy with the world) could be converted for Sims 4 (which would be cheaper than making one out of nothing) + new objects for Sims 4 would give us a bunch of new themed objects from each of those worlds? Omg, EA likes to be greedy, but I think that there's a world were they can be greedy and we can be satisfied at the same time.

"Simmerville;c-17816971" wrote:
    I think the Kits idea is cool! That is, if it is not replacing other content created. It might mean that future packs will get less quirky stuff that we hardly use, but rather focus on their man features giving us a deeper game. If I get this right, Kits will be much smaller than stuff packs, with a much more narrow focus. Vacuum cleaning seems like a great example - it's tip top that all simmers who want to clean their sims' household now get this feature, while I can skip it because I have no intention of spending simming time on cleaning my 100+ households. If this rather extreme feature was introduced as part of a gamepack or stuffpack it would have been forced onto me, because I wanted the main feature of that pack. I'm glad if they keep extreme features out of the other packs this way. Same goes for the retro clothing, I*m sure it comes with a few good items, but I would hardly use any of it in my game - if it was part of a bigger pack I would have been forced to add numerous never-to-be-used thumbs to my CAS catalog.

That said - I don't really see why country kitchen is a Kit. It seems to contain average traditional decor that feels way less extreme to most games. We all have a granny's house I guess, and we all might sooner or later have a farm where these items would match well. Perhaps this Kit comes with features I did not yet catch. I don't want my sims to spend say 4 hours cooking a meal, even if they gain mental super balance. It might be more of a hobby kit than a decor kit.

I'm looking forward to more kits, they might be a way to give us some of what we want, without filling an entire expansion pack .

@Simmerville I kinda feel like we should be getting a new game pack in april or so, and we might not get it because they decided to focus on KITS.

"Sharonia;c-17817877" wrote:
    I don’t care one bit for world packs. The Kit packs are far more interesting to me.

@Sharonia Sometimes I think people have such an strict view of somethings jsut by the name, a world pack from SIms 3 didn't meant just a world in a pack...in SIms 3, World Packs were basically a smaller stuff pack with a world. So, lets say the "country kitchen" one had a world, mostl ikely that it would've been Riverview or another farming world.