Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Wedding cakes as bday cakes?

Can the new wedding cakes be used as birthday cakes?
  • Maybe the candles are set on a fixed height matching with bday cakes, but not with taller cakes. I assume the same goes for the wedding cake toppers, they are set too high for a bday cake, so they can probably not be used with bday cakes. That said, wedding cakes seem to come in various heights, so this should not be impossible to fix in the future.
  • I was wondering the same thing just this morning, and I think it's a shame that it's not an option.
  • "Stormkeep;c-18069500" wrote:
    "BatmanFanGirl;d-997942" wrote:
    Can the new wedding cakes be used as birthday cakes?

No, unfortunately, they cannot. Someone may make a mod for that eventually, but unmodded, they can't.

What about general cakes?
  • Yeah I was real bummed about them not being able to be used as a birthday cake. I tried that today and alas it didn’t work. Oh well maybe in a patch they will fix it. Seems like a missed opportunity.
  • 3-tiered birthday cakes?

Is that to go with their birthday Lamborghini? Or their bespoke birthday morning Dom Perignon mimosa?

Ahh, living the life of Riley in the Sims.... :D
  • "83bienchen;c-18070789" wrote:
    I honestly think there are much more pressing issues atm than this.
    I also honestly don't see them patching this in as the animations would have to be adjusted as well as the candle height.

I personally would much rather have them add at least one lactose free variant (when it Comedy to cake fixes). Or even better, fix the spoiling issues and broken cake states.

Carl could probably add it in a mod.
  • "Tequila_Rose_13191;c-18069523" wrote:
    That's disappointing...

Is the original tiered cake still available? You might see if that works. But, personally, I would only use such a fancy cake for a Birthday Milestone. 16, 18, 21, 30, 40, 50, 60, 65, etc. Otherwise it takes the charm away from the moment. Just my humble opinion.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.

33,117 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago