Forum Discussion

3 years ago

What do you think will come with the lore update?

We saw the updated concept art for Bella, Mortimer, and the Caliente sisters back in November. Who else do you think they'll remake? Do you think it's likely that they'll include pre-established relationships for storytelling similar to Snowy Escape?

My headcanon is that the setup in Willow Creek takes place a few years before the events in Pleasantview, but after the events of TS1. Going by that, I would predict:
- Bella aged up to an adult.
- Bella & Mortimer drifting apart, with maybe a poor relationship between Dina & Bella (since Dina was married to Bella's brother Michael Bachelor)
- Don apparently being in a relationship with Katrina-if the devs decide to keep her.

Do you think it can be "fixed" to match previous games, or that the devs will choose to go in the same direction (alternative timeline)?
  • "Thetford;c-18068158" wrote:
    A correction it should be noted in the Sims 1, Mortimer was described as being "cheerful and outgoing, with a fondness for bugs", so he most certainly isn't indoorsy.

In that case his home should definitely some have collectible insects if OR is installed. Also possibly pond bug spawners outside.

I don't necessarily think he would get Outdoorsy either then, as he would spend time both in and out of doors.
  • @EmmaVane I love those ideas! Especially the idea to add degrees to the Sims who already have careers. I usually make Mortimer a Scientist again, because I played him with this career for so long. I imagine him as writing scientific articles or blogs in my game.
  • "grandmasbiscuits;c-18068486" wrote:
    My guess is that the lore update will be released at the same time as the pronouns update and they will make some already existing sims transgender.

This sounds super unlikely and cause division in the community since it goes against all pre-established lore. E.g. if Cassandra Goth suddenly identified as transgender, that would directly contradict what we see in TS2. My guess is they'll add new nonbinary/transgender townies into the game!