Forum Discussion

GrumpyGlowfish
Seasoned Newcomer
2 years ago

What to do with a raging werewolf?

The title says it all: What am I, as the player, supposed to do with a werewolf at full moon when he forcibly turns and his interactions are limited to running around, destroying objects and scaring people? I suppose if free will was on, I'd be trying to stop him from wreaking havoc, and that would be enough to keep me busy during the night. But because of the sims' artificial stupidity, I prefer to play with free will off, so all I can do is... wait it out? There has to be a more fun or productive way to kill time, right?
    GrumpyGlowfish
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Yeah, getting the cure was a chore, and quite unintuitive as well. My werewolf had to read Greg's diary about seven times to finally find the recipe, not to mention everything that was necessary to even obtain the bloody book in the first place. I would never have figured that out by myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind things being difficult from time to time, but making the cure of all things so hard to come by when you're already sick of being a werewolf just feels like bullying. (Unless other occults are equally hard to cure, I never tried because none of them have ever annoyed me this much.)

The cheat to pick temperaments sounds good to me. I didn't even realise there were postive blue temperaments as well, mine were always red and only made the rage bar fill up faster. I'll keep that in mind, but for someone else. The sim I just cured will definitely stay human.
  • The raging allows them to gain more points more quickly. You can earn temperaments that help them gain control. Yes, it is fulltime for a week or two, but it is over quickly. In the meantime, make sure they have the smell and scavenge abilities and use the rampaging time to collect things.

I have played a lot of werewolves. They all calm down pretty quickly. The worse the rampages, the quicker the rampaging stage is over. And they are more powerful and have collected more stuff.

It is a stage like infants and toddlers. Just ride it out. They mature out of it. They are just like big babies.
    LadyGray01
    Seasoned Hotshot
    ^ That.
    I locked mine in a room with lots of objects she could destroy. Destroying objects gives you points. I got all of hers that way, beyond a little bit of reading she did. She made it all the way up the ranks fairly quickly that way. Once I had enough points to unlock all of the perks, I went through and picked out the most useful ones. Now she rarely rages and when she does, she has the ability to calm herself.
  • "GrumpyGlowfish;c-18264351" wrote:
    Yeah, getting the cure was a chore, and quite unintuitive as well. My werewolf had to read Greg's diary about seven times to finally find the recipe, not to mention everything that was necessary to even obtain the bloody book in the first place. I would never have figured that out by myself. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind things being difficult from time to time, but making the cure of all things so hard to come by when you're already sick of being a werewolf just feels like bullying. (Unless other occults are equally hard to cure, I never tried because none of them have ever annoyed me this much.)

The other cures aren't hard at all, because a mundane sim can attempt to create them (mermaid kelp from the dive buyos or from satisfaction points, vampire cure from high vampire lore, a bar and three ingredients, spellcaster just has to ask a sage to quit).
    Only the werewolves are stuck at having to make their cure by themselves (mine dug up the diary by accident one day). And not just the cure: My hobby fisher can't even cook a lunar fish for her werewolf friends, because that recipe is locked to weres. My were to the contray can treat his vampire husband to all the vampire drinks/dishes.
  • > @lisamwitt said:
    > ^ That.
    > I locked mine in a room with lots of objects she could destroy. Destroying objects gives you points. I got all of hers that way, beyond a little bit of reading she did. She made it all the way up the ranks fairly quickly that way. Once I had enough points to unlock all of the perks, I went through and picked out the most useful ones. Now she rarely rages and when she does, she has the ability to calm herself.

That's brilliant! I need to try that.

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,034 PostsLatest Activity: 35 minutes ago