Forum Discussion

7 years ago

What's your sim name style?

When you play Sims, how do you guys usually name your sims? Are they normal names? Names based off of something? Names you make up that everyone kind of judges you for?
I'm curious, because I have some obscurely named sims (this gen, we have Tala, Dyric, Xazia and Cyphel, to name a few), and I'm sure I'm not the only one. My sims in this family haven't had normal names since the first gen.
So. How do you name your sims?
    Divinity_wingz
    Seasoned Newcomer
    My names are pretty random. For example, I named a sim Chai because I was drinking a chai latte while I was creating her. The sim in my avatar is named Nahanni, after a national park in Canada. I also have a couple of names that I recycle if I absolutely can't think of anything.
  • I use the in game randomizer mostly, but look up names if I need a specific nationality, etc. Baby name sites are great, there are also name generators out there on-line, as well, that I've used.

I just look for popular or common names. I've never felt the need to look for obscure names for my Sims, with a population of 500 Sims, you can avoid too many duplicate names pretty well.
  • I sometimes use video game characters for inspiration - like one household has 3 cats called Roxas, Sora and Kairi (from Kingdom Hearts) :)
  • I just use names that I like and feel they fit the sim and what I'm planning for them. I don't use unique spellings or unusual names because I will forget them. Sometimes names are kinda inherited from other sims in the family (Cassandra -> Cassie).
    Sometime I use the randomizer in CAS.