Forum Discussion

catloverplayer
Seasoned Ace
5 years ago

When DoYou Think EP 10 Will Get Announced?

My prediction is The First Week in October
  • "elelunicy;c-17676018" wrote:
    "DaWaterRat;c-17675891" wrote:
    "SelinaKyles;c-17675591" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-17675584" wrote:
    "SelinaKyles;c-17673688" wrote:
    A week after the October 6 patch. I don’t think they’ll want anything to coincide with that patch, cause the update is probably what they’ll want to focus on

Has the patch been confirmed for October 6th?

The blog they posted
    “ The Sims team will be releasing a base game update around existing skin tones on October 6 for Mac/PC and November 10 for console. ”

Yeah, I took that as the dates for the next two patches... which means I'm expecting EP10 to release by the 17th of November. :wink:

EPs release on Fridays, not Tuesdays. A November 10 pre-EP patch means that the EP will release on November 13.

Thanks. I thought I remembered that they released on Fridays, but thought I'd go with "by" the 17th to give myself some wiggle room in case I was wrong.
    CAPTAIN_NXR7
    Seasoned Veteran
    I thought we’d hear something today. Boy was I wrong. Now I also think it will be announced after the patch with a release in late October early November.
    aejp24
    Seasoned Novice
    I change my mind it looks to me that we'll probably get an announcement on October 13th or 15th if the pack is released on November 13th.
  • "Dianesims;c-17676153" wrote:
    What if the new EP was about hobbies ? In TS2 Freetime, wasn't cooking one of the hobbies ?

"Chaton;c-17668748" wrote:
    "Babykittyjade;c-17668589" wrote:
    Anyone suspicious of all this food posting by the gurus??

Yes ! I almost started a new thread about it, but in the end I did not because I was afraid to sound silly because it's probably nothing. But that would tie in with the chef pig posted a while ago.
    If food is a hint, I have no idea what the pack could be about, though. We already have restaurants...

I wish ! Now that would be exciting ! IMO a hobby pack is much needed, if it includes options for the whole family.
  • "Onverser;c-17676732" wrote:
    I think now it'll definitely be announced October 6th, that's when the patch is happening and it's also the exact day the 6 month roadmap ends. Plus its midweek which I believe is their usual announcement time. I think it's pretty likely that they'd intentionally put the patch on the same day to minimise complaining and keep people happy.

The patch won't bring much, so if they announce anything I think the pack will be the big announcement.
  • "DaWaterRat;c-17675891" wrote:
    "SelinaKyles;c-17675591" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-17675584" wrote:
    "SelinaKyles;c-17673688" wrote:
    A week after the October 6 patch. I don’t think they’ll want anything to coincide with that patch, cause the update is probably what they’ll want to focus on

Has the patch been confirmed for October 6th?

The blog they posted
    “ The Sims team will be releasing a base game update around existing skin tones on October 6 for Mac/PC and November 10 for console. ”

Yeah, I took that as the dates for the next two patches... which means I'm expecting EP10 to release by the 17th of November. :wink:

They mean November 17th patch is the skin patch that is coming Oct, but for consoles. That’s not for PC patch November.
  • "simgirl1010;c-17666804" wrote:
    She didn't actually say a few weeks.

In just a matter of weeks we’ll be sharing more about our next Expansion Pack, which we’ve been working on since last year.

Although generally it does mean a few weeks. So assuming a few weeks is 3, and she released that letter on September 3rd, then Thursday 9/24 would be three weeks.

Well it will be one month on Saturday since that first announcement. So maybe we'll hear something today or tomorrow.
  • "crocobaura;c-17676753" wrote:
    "Onverser;c-17676732" wrote:
    I think now it'll definitely be announced October 6th, that's when the patch is happening and it's also the exact day the 6 month roadmap ends. Plus its midweek which I believe is their usual announcement time. I think it's pretty likely that they'd intentionally put the patch on the same day to minimise complaining and keep people happy.

The patch won't bring much, so if they announce anything I think the pack will be the big announcement.

Since the patch is Thursday we may get the EP Announcement Tuesday.
    loubyloulou
    Seasoned Novice
    "catloverplayer;c-17677744" wrote:
    "crocobaura;c-17676753" wrote:

I thought the patch was the 6th, which is Tuesday?
  • "loubyloulou;c-17677944" wrote:
    "catloverplayer;c-17677744" wrote:
    "crocobaura;c-17676753" wrote:

I thought the patch was the 6th, which is Tuesday?

It is. I was mistaken.