Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Why are they called "worlds", and not "towns"?

Willow Creek, for example, is obviously a town. As well as Windenburg or Brindleton Bay, whereas San Myshuno is more of a city. In its most general sense, the term "world" refers to the totality of entities, to the whole of reality or to everything that is. In real life, nobody would say that Los Angeles is a "world". It's probably such an insignificant thing to think about it, but meh.
    simsimsere
    Seasoned Rookie
    I don't like how they're called but by now I've accepted it. It was a huge change coming from TS2 where neighbourhood meant what is now called a world.
  • I refer to them as towns whenever I write up what Happened In Your Game Today, posts. They used to be referred to as neighborhoods back in Sims2.
    SnaveXs
    Seasoned Scout
    Well.. In real life they say Disney World is a world or SeaWorld is a world. The worlds have themes and Batuu is definitely a vacation theme park.
  • I guess just because this game came after Sims 3, and they were always called worlds in 3, and it was just the case that not many people went back to saying neighborhoods

• I agree on this.
    However in a digital game, a "world" really is it's own entity realm (world), when you think about it.

An anthill and it's immediate surroundings is the "world" for an ant that lives there. ;)

Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_EKL7Xxic
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    I would love to put my Sims 4 worlds together in one map.
    I would put the following in order:
    1. Windenburg with Henford, Glimmerbrook, Granite Falls & Brindleton Bay
    2. Forgotten Hollow with Moonwood Mill
    3. Strangerville with Sixam & Batuu
    4. Sulani with Tartosa & Jungle Adventure
    5. Britechester with Copperdale
    6. Oasis Springs with DS Valley
    7. Willow Creek with Newcrest, Magolia Promanade & Evergreen Harbor