Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Why not Strangetown!?

Did we get an answer from the SimGurus on why it's called Strangerville and not Strangetown? Why not just build on top of Strangetown from TS2? A little continuity?
  • It is funny how Strangerville and Strangetown share several of the same geographic landmarks. Both have the impact crater on the opposing side of town, and Strangetown's main road is echoed in Strangerville's main water source that cuts through the middle of the map. There are also two dead end roads in Strangerville, similar to where the Specter and the Curious lots were located.

GTW's Future Sims Lab is set is built in a similar setting, too.
  • Strangetown in Sims 2 was my favorite of all the towns. I'm glad they didn't rename it that personally even though in one of my saves I do plan on moving in all the remade Strangetown families that I have ready to go. For me there are a number of reasons it's good that it doesn't have the same name. One is that if it's not exact enough for simmers there will be complaints... about canon ect. To me it's inspired by and you as the simmer play it as you want to. It's also going to be different overall but it's a nice nod to the original. I'll also be glad to look it up on the Wiki or other sites and see it have it's own representation and be able to navigate to it more easily because it is named differently.
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16971468" wrote:
    Strangetown was a favorite but it was about aliens. Strangerville is not about aliens (or zombies) but a mystery to solve. Two totally different ideas in different types of deserts. I like how Strangerville reminds me of Strangetown, but I don't want it back. I played it (and still can). I want something new and different.

Haven't played it yet, but... like dude it's aliens. It's on the front cover.
  • "Eliharb;c-16971598" wrote:
    "Dannydanbo;c-16971468" wrote:
    Strangetown was a favorite but it was about aliens. Strangerville is not about aliens (or zombies) but a mystery to solve. Two totally different ideas in different types of deserts. I like how Strangerville reminds me of Strangetown, but I don't want it back. I played it (and still can). I want something new and different.

Haven't played it yet, but... like dude it's aliens. It's on the front cover.

It’s not Aliens at all
  • "AquaGamer1212;c-16971626" wrote:

It’s not Aliens at all

No spoilers here, just speculation based on the world map and nothing else: the crater. It's literally caused by an "alien object" like a meteor or something else crashing into the town.
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16971915" wrote:

If you're referring to the BOX front cover.......the only alien I see is a tiny alien head button on the vest of the nerd. There is an Unidentified Foreign Organism (UFO) being held by the girl in the middle. Still, not an alien. Add to that, the devs have tweeted that this pack is not about aliens, zombies or plantsims and that pretty much clears this issue up, dude.

Ok but...
    https://i.imgur.com/4uKKlMP.jpg
  • well we already aliens anyway if you own get to work, they should fit right in to with the theme