Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Working Multiple Jobs (also, adult jobs for teens!)

Neat little cheat I just discovered...

Entering the cheat “careers.add_career ” (no quotes, no brackets) gives the active Sim a job in the specified career. Okay, so that’s a known cheat, but what I DIDN’T know until just now was that it’s actually possible to give your Sim multiple jobs this way - it doesn’t force them to leave their current job if they have one.

So yeah, it’s totally possible to have your Sims work multiple jobs without even needing a mod for it. (As a disclaimer, I have no idea what happens if job schedules overlap. I haven’t tested it.)

This cheat ALSO ignores age restrictions on careers, so it’s possible to give adult jobs to teens and vice versa. (If you’re going to do that, you should probably also use “careers.remove_career highschool”).

So there’s that. Have your YA Sim who’s just starting out get a second job to help them afford a home big enough for the large family they want to have someday. Have your teen who’s failing school drop out and get a job instead. Have your adult Sim who’s been working all their life switch to part-time work now that money’s hardly a concern anymore. Go wild.

EDIT: Sending teens to work in an adult career doesn’t seem possible without mods, as far as I can tell. They just don’t go even if you try to make them. They CAN work from home in the CL careers without issue, though. Not sure if GTW careers work since I haven’t tested those.