Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Would You Like Resorts Back?

Remember in Sims 3 Paradise Island you had beaches, boats, snorkling, scuba diving, lifeguard active career, houseboats, and especially resorts. Knowing The Sims 4 isn't going to offer depth and loads of content in its DLC (they prefer to separate it into several DLCs to make more money). I ask you just about this one feature from Paradise Island; resorts. You bought it, built it, and ran it. Making gyms, buffets, VIP rooms, wedding areas, etc. while looking at reviews to see what people had to say. I loved it. Management is great (just not in Get To Work's retail system)!

So anyways....would you like them to return? Are you more of a just place them and enjoy or run them yourself type of Simmer?
  • "ANNETTE1951;c-16271400" wrote:
    Yes, I loved running resorts. I designed special hotel rooms out on the water. It was great fun. I do not like rabbit hole hotel rooms though, that defeats the whole purpose. I loved the resort rooms in Sims 2 and the fact they could order room service so a combo of sims2 and sims3 island paradise would be perfect.

Yes I think a combination of Sims 2 with Sims 3, and throw in a few new aspects just because its Sims 4, and I think we could have one amazing EP. I mostly played the resorts, but I did build/redesign them so they would be perfect to vacation at. Also I too hated the rabbit hole rooms.
  • "Dannydanbo;c-16267356" wrote:
    I would prefer a Bed & Breakfast that we could build, own, live in and run.

Bed and breakfast is not a bad idea actually. especially if it were as you have stated here, and definitely would have to be able to place in any world. Too much of the game play being added as of late feels like it is restricted to certain worlds. I'll still never understand why I can't give family and friends keys to my Willowbrook home just because I don't live in an apartment in the city - But that's a different argument
  • "aws200;d-933429" wrote:
    Remember in Sims 3 Paradise Island you had beaches, boats, snorkling, scuba diving, lifeguard active career, houseboats, and especially resorts. Knowing The Sims 4 isn't going to offer depth and loads of content in its DLC (they prefer to separate it into several DLCs to make more money). I ask you just about this one feature from Paradise Island; resorts. You bought it, built it, and ran it. Making gyms, buffets, VIP rooms, wedding areas, etc. while looking at reviews to see what people had to say. I loved it. Management is great (just not in Get To Work's retail system)!

So anyways....would you like them to return? Are you more of a just place them and enjoy or run them yourself type of Simmer?

Yes. Don't know why the red square isn't showing but that's the one I voted for.
  • I wish there was an option that states "yes but not the typical Sims 3 type" I would want them back if they revamped resorts and make it feel like you're truly vacationing in a resort with a number of new and special gameplay and activities
  • I wouldn't mind them back again, I enjoyed running a resort and just visiting one in Sims 3.
  • Now that they know it's possible to make something like diners be run by us and work pretty well they should take that and add back resorts but better.