Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Your Method?

So what do you prefer? Hands or Wand gestures or maybe use both?
  • "WolfNate;c-17231338" wrote:
    Frankly I consider Avatar a martial arts fantasy not so much a type of spellcaster.

When it comes to the Avatar, Bending the four Elements has to do with spiritual connections. In a way Bending is technically a supernatural talent, where you have to be a bender but you also have to connect to the elements yourself. but like magic it's can be different for everyone else.

Some power is driven by instinct, others are driven by emotion, and other sorts are driven on self belief and the Will/Desire to manipulate nature.
    Simburian
    Seasoned Rookie
    As I haven't much interest in magic type films or TV shows (more of a humorous Discworld book reader) I will try both in rotation and use any one that suits my purpose at the time. In other words I will have to wait until I get the Pack. :D

Ask it again when the pack is released!
  • Put me down for "Try Both" as well. Depending on the sim and how spellcasting is done, I'll be deciding which sims will have wands and who uses their hands. Perhaps wands will be used by a majority of the spellcasting public, while other sims who have more potent magic can use wands and their hands. Really, it just depends on how spellcasting is done and what I think of it.
  • Hand or better yet none, no silly ward, :) (What I try to said none, is depend on story, some don't even need hand to do it, just will make happen without moving your body, mostly from will/mind/eye power to create and control from there.

Avatar do same as spellcaster but only elements but can use element for many thing or rather I think it's better other term name since they just don't spell it out but they use martial arts and will chi power to make it's happen like fireball or whatever they draw from Elements they learned and master from it. Doctor strange do spellcaster, but mostly hand, sometime items like time stop or control time when he had a time stones.
  • Both, as I equally like them for different kinds of magic. I can't wait for the new pack to be here!
  • Hmmm. Not a big fan of the poll choices with Wands for Harry Potter and Hands related to the Charmed series. There are so many out there that can do magic with both those tools outside of those franchises.

What would be nice if we also had the choice to use crystal balls, spellbooks or staves to cast spells on other Sims. Rather than just wands and the hand.
  • Both are cool! Though I'm bound to use wands more because I'm definitely going to make Harry Potter characters.
    neylajc
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I've always felt like the wands of Harry Potter were stupid. I prefer hand