Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Executor unlock method concerns.. Confirmed

As per the latest news from the devs (there has been a recent stream on twitch from cg crumb in which he briefly talked about the executor event) it looks like whatever kind of event it'll be, we won't be able to 7 star the executor right away.

If so, I'm pretty dubious about the idea.
To me the ship portion of swgoh has been chronically lackluster when compared to the characters content both in terms of game modes available and quantity of ships, leading to a pretty stale meta in both arena and gac for a very long time.

With the arrival of the executor, it seems we will finally going to move away from that, but if the type of release won't allow players to max it, it'll probably lead to an unspecified further duration of the current state of affairs.
Normally, to avoid this wait, CG has gave us some way available to immediately bring up to 7* the new shinies by either whaling or by having hoarded resources.
I would expect for it to be the way for the executor as well, but I have some concerns.

When there aren't prerequisites to satisfy or they're really easy, CG usually don't give away a 7* unlock via the event, therefore if you want it maxed you either buy shard packs through money/crystals, or you wait.
When, instead, you do have hard prerequisites to satisfy, then you can almost always max out stars through the event itself pretty rapidly, as the monetization comes through getting the prerequisites ready in time/as early as possible, should one wants an early unlock despite not being ready at the time of the announcement.

For the executor, I fear they will force on us both things, hard prerequisites and shard packs/refreshes of the event to achieve an early 7*.
If that will be the case, I strongly disagree because:

- The ship meta have been stale long enough that a shake-up is welcome sooner rather then later, so I would find it hard to understand if we'll have to both satisfy hard prerequisites and do refreshes of the event/buy shard packs.. As it'll really slow down the change.

- The prerequisites are the highest ever for a ship, in fact they're so demanding that they are more akin with those to unlock a GL. This has consistently been a plenty enough reason to make an event a 7 star unlock in the past, so why not now?

Basically I'd like for CG to be reasonable and pick only one way to monetize this as done in the past. I think you should either struggle to get your stuff ready in time, or get a few easy shard but then buy the rest or wait, not both. Expecially for a part of the game that isn't even as taken care of as the rest of it.
If not, then I would at the very least like for the wait to not be unreasonably long as for the finalizer/raddus release.

What do you think?