Forum Discussion

JayandMeeka
Seasoned Newcomer
11 months ago

MCCC Settings

I'm wondering if someone can help me with a deep dive into MCCC. I've been using it for a while, and I still don't know the extent of the features because it is such a huge mod.

I am about to start the Decades Legacy Challenge, and I'm very excited. But what I'm finding in my games now is that my sims who grew up in my active house and move out get into random marriages and have kids with several different sims. What I'm hoping for is the majority to marry and have kids (divorce is ok but not too frequent) without me having to direct it. I've scoured the features as best I can, but I'm hoping someone who knows the mod well can help me fine tune it.

If not, is there a tutorial I can view that will explain the various features in detail so I can tailor it to my wants? I've asked on the discord, and I can understand that it may be a difficult question to quickly answer so I've decided to turn here and maybe have a discussion about it.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
  • I’m pretty new to it and am still learning, but I found this guide at Sims Community helpful: https://simscommunity.info/2023/08/27/mc-command-center-sims-4-guide/
    It does go through all the settings, though maybe you’d need to look somewhere else if you need more detailed info about it.
  • The marriage part is tricky in a historical save as you cannot make MCCC take considerations like financial status, class or skin color. But if you don't mind micro managing the new marriages and breaking up a few couples it works fine. I normally don't let it touch "my" sims (I'll arrange their marriages on my own, thank you) but let it deal with the NPC-marriages then I either delete families with non-time typical marriages, or break the couples up if it's someone who is of importance to my sims.

For me I added a marriage setting on 35 % for YA, and 20 % of A, since most marriages would happen when they are young. I've also prevented marriages outside of the age-group. The last part is perhaps not as historically accurate, but it makes things easier. If there is someone you want the game not to marry off, just move them to your sims and the mod won't touch them.

For me, the most useful thing with historical gameplay, that I discovered just last week, is the "saved outfit" settings in the dresser-module. I so wish I had figured that one out earlier! There you can save outfits for gender, age and situation, that you find appropriate, then on a computer prevent NPCs from spawning in anything but those saved outfits. The more saved outfits, the more variation on your NPC-sims, but no one will then spawn in modern clothing. If you want it will also clean up sims on aging up, so no one will age up wearing anything but these outfits. It's a bit tedious to set up, as you need to dress a lot of sims, then manually save each and every outfit, but it's worth it because it's much better for immersion. When the decade changes, I'll just delete the file for the current decade, and start over with the next decade's fashion.
    bandit34
    Seasoned Traveler
    is there a way too prevent horses from being adopted by mc after their owner dies. It moved a horse into a place with no stable.

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.4,712 PostsLatest Activity: 6 hours ago