Forum Discussion

11 hours ago

Sims 4 error code 135

I've been looking around online and this code seems to indicate a problem w/ outdated mods...ok. BEFORE updating my game I copied my ENTIRE sims 4 folder into my external hard drive. Because I had this copy and access to the "save" I was playing at the time I did NOT delete anything out of the original folder. Instead I waited until the update was complete and a day or so later AFTER major mods such as MCCC, XML Injector, Ui etc were updated. To this date my original save that I was playing comes up with the above error. I've done the 50/50 mod search thing I and I believe I got rid of all of the "problems" that I'm aware of. I have a few other saves that I wasn't playing at the moment. These all load up fine. So I guess this means the original save got corrupted? I'm just confused because like I said earlier I made a copy of this before the update...so in a sense I should have a "fresh" save ready to go but this doesn't work either....can anyone advise what would cause a save to corrupt like this? If anyone else has experienced this issue, has there been a known fix yet? Any mods that you know of causing this (perhaps I missed one or two) 

• KERRYKELLY123  Please test this save with your Mods folder removed.  If that doesn't help, please post the entire error code.

As a side note, patching itself doesn't damage saves.  The problems come from loading saves with outdated mods, loading saves without certain mods or cc that leaves stranded objects (e.g. plates from custom recipes), and corruption from the effects of mods that changed save data in a way that is no longer workable.  So while keeping a backup copy of your saves is great, it does nothing to prevent any issues that relate to outdated mods or their effects on your game.

OdoProtector
      Newcomer

I'm having the same issue even while testing without mods. I've even checked my save file on a different computer that has no mods/cc & still get the same error code.

So I'll share the exact code I've been getting in case it's the same as OP's or for comparison: "135:3ce8528f:c8f10bcb". The weird thing is that the trouble started before I attempted updating my game, but while playing offline, I got a notification about needing internet to update, which makes me wonder if something started trying to update anyway. 

Anyway, I've since tried to fix things & have even gone through old backups. I've been playing daily this month, but I get the same error code as far back as Oct. 12. The first save file that works for me is from Oct. 5th. Why? Don't know but am still hoping I might be able to recover something from a later date.

About The Sims 4 Mods & Custom Content

Find expert tips, troubleshooting help, tutorials for mods and custom content, and The Sims 4 patch files in our forum.

4,751 PostsLatest Activity: 44 minutes ago