Forum Discussion

bshag4lv
Seasoned Scout
3 years ago

Um, excuse me!

After working on my mods folder for over a day to get rid of the error code "game failed to save" and a bunch of numbers, as I figured it had to be a mod as most are involved. Then I find out it's not mod related, it's on EA!

I'm not a very happy simmer right now as this renders my game unplayable. If I can't save it, I refuse to play it. Now I find it is EA fault...great, I wonder how long it will be before they fix this, if ever.

Without a patch, my game is useless.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Please, please, please EA, fix this problem.
  • Are these your numbers?
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Game-failed-to-save-Error-Code-514-54350669-f9618/td-p/11348069

They're looking for save files, if it happens for you with a vanilla game.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Thanks so much for the response. I play with lots of mods and cc, that's why I thought it was a mod problem.

I will try and play with a vanilla game and see if it happens. It happens maybe 50% of the time when saving...but it only takes once.

At least it's encouraging to know that they are aware of the problem.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    Okay, now playing vanilla game, saved several times and so far so good.
    JaiSea
    Seasoned Rookie
    When I've been having errors saving, since HSY it was usually due to CC CAS items.
    bshag4lv
    Seasoned Scout
    @JaiSea, that's what I thought too. A post in the Modding forums says it is on EA and there is a link to the AQ site. I just clicked the "Me Too" button.

It is very hard for a cc/mod addict to play a vanilla game, but I'll live through it somehow, lol. I just want to play my game.
    JaiSea
    Seasoned Rookie
    "bshag4lv;c-18181085" wrote:
    It is very hard for a cc/mod addict to play a vanilla game, but I'll live through it somehow, lol. I just want to play my game.

Oh, I know. I took all my CC out, left most of my mods though. Mainly because my game is starting to slow down, but it feels pointless to even load my game without my CC.