Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Using MCCC to get rid of occult characters...

I heard that MCCC can get rid of non-human characters. How exactly does it work? What happened in the case of homeless sims? I am a all-human player who hope to get some of the occult packs for their worlds/items etc.
    Bonxie_MCCC
    Seasoned Veteran
    "chongjasmine;d-1008363" wrote:
    I heard that MCCC can get rid of non-human characters. How exactly does it work? What happened in the case of homeless sims? I am a all-human player who hope to get some of the occult packs for their worlds/items etc.

Try these commands from the mailbox MCCC menu:
    Mailbox:MC Cheats > Sims/NPC Households Cheats > Humanize all
    Mailbox:MC Cheats > Deletion Cheats > Delete By Occult > Delete all

Note that the second command does what it says: it hard deletes all occults types chosen without the possibility to restore them again. So unless you have a backup, they are gone for good.
      GIBBANATOR
      Newcomer

yes this works but it does not stop them from adding more. I know it can be done I just cant find it

• @chongjasmine click on a computer & choose MC Command Center; scroll down & you should see an option for Occults. I'm not sure you'll find what you're looking for but it can't hurt to poke around & see what's there. REMINDER: save your game before making any changes to save yourself potential headaches from losing/messing up hours of gameplay.
  • There's a few steps you can take but to eliminate all occults can be a chore. Without mods...

• Avoid bar nights 8pm-2am (TS4: Get Together EP) Alien Night Tuesday (TS4: Get to Work EP) & Ghost Night Wednesday (BG) will spawn those occults to fill roles.
    • Avoid the Scientist career (TS4: Get to Work EP) Part of this career involves aliens and your sim is likely to get abducted because of it. Although eventually you can make a satellite dish with the option to prevent abductions every 24hr. Must interact with the object to do so. If your sim is abducted then you can quickly reset them to avoid it.
    • Remove occults through Manage Households... It's not always obvious whos an occult if you don't know who the occult premades are. You will need to keep doing this because the game will keep filling these occult roles.
    • via in-game settings under Pack Settings is an option for Werewolves (TS4: Werewolves GP) 'Limit Werewolves to Moonwood Mill' This only means those occults won't wolf out outside of the game packs world Moonwood Mill
    • left-click the front door on a residential lot and select No Trespassing... > Disallow Vampires This will stop vampires from trying to knock on the door or enter the home.
    • Don't visit the world StrangerVille (TS4: Strangerville GP) This will trigger the story line for that world/pack and sims will walk around PØŞŞ€ŞŞ€Đ. It's not an occult but I doubt you would be interested in seeing these sims.
    • Keep in mind ghost are apart of the base game and will occasionally be selected for random roles. You can find them in Manage Households to delete.

With MCCC...
    Humanize All Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters, and Werewolves. The game will try to fill certain occult roles so you may need to humanize often.
    Spoiler
    left-click mailbox MC Cheats > Sims/NPC Households Cheats > Humanize All... Aliens, Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters, Werewolves

Disable Bar Nights
    Spoiler
    left-click computer MC Command Center > MC Population > Enable or Disable Bar Nights... > Aliens Night at the Bar , Ghosts Night at the Bar

As for Abduction Settings I'm not seeing a simple turn off option but there are options to nerf it under MC Occult > Aliens > Abduction Settings...

Someone might have other ideas, mods, or MCCC settings to share. I really enjoy occults in my game so avoiding them is not something I'm familiar with but plenty of simmers like yourself don't like occults. MCCC is a detailed mod. Often new players or new to mods get flustered with it because they aren't aware or are overwhelmed the different settings. Deaderpools site has Documentation and an Overview for all modules to help navigate settings or even which modules are optional. There's also a local help/chat thread here on this forum or the Discord for any MCCC questions you have.