Forum Discussion

54trenchcoats
New Novice
2 months ago

Bought Lovestruck (non-preorder) but don't have it?

I purchased the Get Dating bundle which includes the Bowling & Movie Night stuff packs that I already have- I figured if EA had done a proper job you could buy the bundle without issues even if you owned some of the packs- because I wanted Lovestruck and Simtimates. I also added Fitness Stuff.

The purchase went through smoothly, but only Simtimates and Fitness Stuff registered in My Packs and were available for download, which is very alarming since I definetely just paid the 449SEK in the deal that unlocked Lovestruck.

So, what might be up? All issues I've seen have been related to preorders and the release date changing, or download, but mine is legitimately about the economic rights to the pack itself.

I do play with a ridiculous amount of mods and CC, but this should not at all affect the EA app's recognition of pack ownership.

• 54trenchcoats  According to the website, the Get Dating bundle doesn't include Lovestruck, but rather Get Together as well as the packs you listed:

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/store/addons/the-sims-4-get-dating-bundle

If you already owned most of this content, it may be worth contacting EA customer support and requesting a refund.  While this bundle isn't eligible for an automatic refund—no DLC is—you also shouldn't be able to purchase items you already own, and it would be ridiculous to pay the bundle price for a single kit.

https://help.ea.com/en/help-home/

54trenchcoats
      New Novice

Thank you, this is very much what happened (embarrassingly enough). I remember being very confused about what the bundle entailed because they literally DID NOT HAVE CLEAR AND CONSISE INFORMATION ABOUT IT AT ANY POINT IN THE EA APP. Anyway, I've made circa 2 cases with intent to chat with an EA person but I have not been able to connect at all, a chat was apparently started but I was given no opportunity to participate in it. The hotline is only open on weekdays. 🙃