Forum Discussion

Kayjoy772
Newcomer
2 months ago

cant update

Hii, My game needs to update but it just won't update i reported it but was hoping to get some answers due to wanting to play. when i go to update it jut pops up a error "something went wrong an unknown error occurred. restart the app and try again". i have cleared the cache and restarted the EA app like 5 times in the last two days. any ideas?

• I can't help you with the updating, but you can play offline at least.  In the ea app, go to the top click on the three bars and a menu will pop up click on go offline, and you should be able to play.  At least you can play until you can find a solution to the not updating.  I haven't updated yet, and I can play my game just fine offline.  

• Kayjoy772  Can you repair the game?  That would give you the current version.  I'd suggest clearing the App's cache again before repairing.

If this doesn't help, and you use a third-party antivirus, try disabling it, temporarily of course, and then clearing the App's cache and repairing (or updating) again.  As long as you don't do anything else while the antivirus is disabled, your computer should be safe.