Forum Discussion

maddieeager_
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Ea App Not Loading

So this is a Sims issue as that is the only game I have on the EA App, but I haven't even gotten the chance to update my game... nor will I after seeing the bugs attached to it. I have logged out and the app 4 times and it still does not load, there is a black screen and a yellow banner basically saying to "wait it out" as it loads? It anyone else experiencing this issue with the app? I can't even get into the Sims if I wanted to.  

• maddieeager_  Please try forcing the App to update.  Restart your computer and go here:

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop

and launch the EAUpdater.exe.

If that doesn't help, uninstall the App with Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) and reinstall it.

AmyzinglyCute  The most recent Sims 4 update as of right now was two days ago.  If you mean downloading the new expansion, you'll need to wait another 20 minutes, until 10 am Pacific time.

• I started my app and it said i could download the update early, then had an error message as i was updating and now its paused. I was going to wait until the actual release "time", and see whhat happens. I have restarted the game, my laptop, and everything 3 times and it still says paused. I cant even play it regular without the update like i could have if i wouldnt have had the download early prompt.. ugh