Forum Discussion

mrlucky41
Newcomer
3 hours ago

Game won't load if scripts are enabled-

After the last update the game would not start.  stuck on a white screen and nothing. After removing all my mods it still wouldn't work.  I uninstalled the game and deleted the documents entries and reinstalled the game. the game started but when i enabled scripts and restarted the same problem occurred. mind you there were no mods, saves or tray entries. The game will start with mods and all if scripts are disabled.

• mrlucky41  Just in case, please delete the entire Mods folder, to let the game create a new one, and see whether that makes a difference.

If it doesn't, what antivirus do you use, and does it help to add exceptions for TS4_x64, TS4_DX9_x64, and TS4_Launcher_x64?  If not, I'd test with the AV disabled (temporarily) just to be thorough.

For testing purposes, you can edit or delete Options.ini to disable script mods again rather than needing to delete the entire Sims 4 user folder.  The setting is called scriptmodsenabled , with 0 being no and 1 being yes, of course.