Forum Discussion

2 days ago

How to stop the Grim Reaper Challenge?

I accidentally started and made my game excessively slow and I can’t play, I need to wait +2 minutes to do anything, my socializations keep being deleted and is stressing me out. I’m not having any fun. 

• I don’t have any mods. Only expansions
  • the game was fine until this challenge started 
  • danielivgomes  If you really want the Reaper event gone, open Options > Game Options > Other and disable Online Social Features.  Quit the game and delete accountDataDB.package, inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.  The event shouldn't be present anymore.

When you want to resume, reenable Online Social Features, which will generate a new accountDataDB and let you pick up where you left off, more or less.  Or you could restore the old file.

If you'd like to troubleshoot the underlying issue, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.