Forum Discussion

emilyjh97
Rising Newcomer
2 days ago

Infinite loading screen

Someone please help. I’ve got infinite loading screens. I’ve tried resetting computer, uninstalling and re installing sims, taken away mods to see if it’s a corrupted file. Nothing is working. Loads the first screen, when I click resume it then loads infinite! Haven’t been able to play the game in a few weeks now. :(

• emilyjh97  When you say you tried resetting the computer, what exactly did you do?

Aside from that, can you load a new save, or a different household in your existing save?  (Use Load Game rather than Resume.)  Please try both, if you haven't already, and let me know what happens.

• I try to not enable cc or any mods and i its working, i guess because the new update dx11 not let you use any mods or cc

• Izzyambx  Same question:  Can you load a new save, or a different household in your existing save?  (Use Load Game rather than Resume.)  Please try both, if you haven't already, and let me know what happens.

Sunmoon_310  DirectX 11 mode supports mods and custom content in general, but some mods and cc may not have been updated to work with DX11.  You can switch back to DX9 in the game options, or sort through your mods and cc to find out what isn't compatible with DX11 and update or remove only that content.