Forum Discussion

izzyheuck
Seasoned Newcomer
31 days ago

Sims 4 will not save after August 2024 update

Not sure if this is just my game but after the August 2024 update I can no longer place fences?! (but I can place build/buy objects.) I cannot save my game. I click save and I just get the turning circle forever. I don’t play with cc or mods. I play on the EA app on PC. Can anyone help?

lifewbabyjada
    Seasoned Newcomer

been having the same issue since yesterday and i even repaired my game and it still won't save.

• I've had this issue since the last patch in August, although earlier I had to disable my one drive backups as it caused this to happen as well. I've had some success with save as but now I don't even get the code zero message but find out my game did not save when I go back to it and it's groundhog day. When Lovestruck came out I was getting code 123 a lot and was not able to travel and had mail box issues. I actually took this new save (don't want to even try older saves), copied all the families and lots to my library, deleted the save and started over. This was OK until the last patch and the code zero and now since the game does not save at all and I'm not into experimenting, I wait for a proper patch from EA.

gaf1920
    Seasoned Newcomer

I had mods and removed all of them thinking they were the issues and I still couldn’t save! I don’t know what to do…

• izzyheuck  lifewbabyjada  Does "save as" work?  If not, what antivirus do you use, and is OneDrive running on this computer?  Even if you never use OneDrive, it could still be interfering.

lifewbabyjada  Additionally, do you get an error code when trying to save?

lifewbabyjada
      Seasoned Newcomer

yes i keep getting a error code and i tried doing save as to save and it wont show up the error code but it still won't save even when i go to manage worlds it does the same thing.

monjr8302
    Rising Traveler

I recommend only using "Save as" and ALWAYS turn off OneDrive. It interferes with The Sims for some reason.

• lifewbabyjada  Are you specifically getting an Error Code 0?  I ask because it's a known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-PC-MAC-Save-Error-0-Patch-1-86-166/td-p/11414169

Using "save as" typically helps.  I'm not sure from your post whether it helps you though; it sounds like you don't get the error but also that the game doesn't save your progress.  Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.

I still would like to know whether your computer has OneDrive running (even if you never use it) and what antivirus you use.  I would also like to see a screenshot of the error if it's NOT Error 0.

98654af0c3490a70
      New Novice

save as is not helping... I have Save Code Error: 0 everytime I try to save the game. Even though this error dont pop up, my game is not saved... I uninstalled onedrive. The game was working perfectly fine for the past years and after the update I'm having this trouble. Nothing is working.

• 98654af0c3490a70  Is this only with the one save, or others as well?  Have you checked the saves folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves) to see whether a new save appears when you use "save as"?  I know you can't see a new save in-game, but I'd like to know whether the file exists.