Forum Discussion

sppnz
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

sims4 updates

lately, every time I try to open the sims4, it makes me update, even though I just updated the day before.

today,  when I clicked on the download tab to view progress, it showed several expansion packs, saying I own them when I know I don't, because they're ones I've been debating about purchasing

Kendrana
    Seasoned Traveler

There were at least three patches between the 23rd and 26th. The first was the main base game update. The other two were bug fixes for issues that the main update caused.

Sometimes it can help to clear the app's cache. The steps to do so are below.

1. Select the three dashes in the far-left corner of the EA app.
    2. Scroll to Help.
    3. Click App recovery.
    4. Select Clear cache.

Clearing the cache hasn't been doing any good for some people, though. Problems with updating the game still persist and the only way to fix it seems to be to completely uninstall and reinstall the game. Having to do that is terrible for people who have limits on data imposed by their internet providers and/or have slow internet connections.

raynedrops17
    Seasoned Newcomer

I'm having a similar issue with the constant updating (I only made it to 72% last time I logged in before my wifi crapped out and/or the download failed), but now it goes to update, it just sits there in "Preparing" mode and never moves to 'unpaused' and start the download again. I also don't have the dropdown option within the 'Manage' button to reset the cache.

When I try to cancel 'preparing' a message pops up that tells me to "Close your game first (btw it's not open, it's being prepared to open?). You must close your current game session before exiting the app." 

HELP! 

sppnz
    Seasoned Newcomer

showing I on packs that I don't worries me that when I actually decide to purchase them it will say I already own them and won't let me purchase