Forum Discussion

ashpxsh
Seasoned Newcomer
3 days ago

So Saddened & Disappointed - Any Simmers Relate?

I never thought I would do this as an avid Sim lover and player for over 15 years. But, I have reached a point where I am discouraging people from purchasing the game or purchasing new packs all together. 

Context: I went three years without playing due to not having a PC and finally (solely to play the game) got one in May of this year with great specs and I am so saddened by what I’ve returned to. This is the most buggy, dysfunctional, frustrating experience I’ve ever had. I can’t play the game for more than 15 minutes without it literally shutting down in my face, and once I fix that, EA sneaks in another update and before I can stop the install, my game is broken again - this last patch is taking the cake for me. Game will not even function with no mods or CC, just base game play and some packs and yet, it’s still a completely broken game. 

The only things that function seamlessly are CAS and Build Mode, so you’ll spend hours building something that you can’t play. So crazy that I can’t enjoy the things I’ve paid for at their most basic, bare bones level! I even let the game just run for a few hours and let my Sims autoplay and it STILL broke. I have tried bug fixing for houuurs and commented on so many forums I’ve just decided to stop because the game that I paid for, and bought a PC for, that is not only still being sold but constantly has new releases and packs should work without a labyrinth of manipulation tatics and constantly hard resetting my PC (crazy run-on sentence but I’m frustrated so forgive me). Maybe instead of constantly flushing out new broken packs, improve the quality of the game at its current state?!

I’m so disappointed and almost hurt by EA’s lack of response to the continuous negative feedback they have been receiving. Mostly, I’m saddened that a game I once loved and spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours on has come to this. I genuinely love this game and have so many fond memories playing it but this is starting to feel like a joke. I hope things can come around soon. I don’t know if there’s a petition somewhere but send it my way because this ridiculous.

Hopefully, things will improve but boy am I disappointed about what I’ve come back to. 

ashpxsh
    Seasoned Newcomer

& Yes I have deleted and regenerated the folder, cleaned the cache, repaired in Ea, uninstalled and reinstalled EA app and the game, played On and Offline. I’ve done possibly every bug fix suggested and the point is I shouldn’t have to every few weeks they decide to sneak in yer another patch.

ashpxsh
    Seasoned Newcomer

Last little piece of the rant but if EA is going to continue to make users essentially reprogram their environments to play their games, the least they can do is release an error dialogue function that returns easy to read, messages pinpointing what functionality or object is breaking/what CC is causing the bug. LastException is not enough. And start making loading screens quit out after an alotted time, there is no sensible reason that my game should be on a saving screen for hours.

• ashpxsh  If you'd like help with your issue, please provide a dxdiag.  Hit Windows key-R, enter dxdiag in the run box, wait for the scan to finish, click "Save all information," and save the file to your desktop.  From there, you can attach it to a reply using the camera (Insert Media) icon included with the other formatting buttons.

If you'd rather this be regarded as feedback, I can move your thread to the General Discussion section and add the Feedback tag.  This subforum isn't meant for feedback, just technical troubleshooting.

SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot

Do you use any Mods, CCs or MCCs?  They will make your Sims 4 more buggy than Vanilla.

• Hi there, if you have the code 0 problem, well I found the bug and fixed my game. Thanks to all the AHQ fellow posters who gave me insight. So much advice did not work (such as uninstall, repair etc.). What worked for me was to have nhood stories turned off completely and the mailbox cleared of all the notices. A key item was to uncheck allow romantic breakups in game options. My game had gone through so many code 0 non saves my fix didn't work at first and turning/unchecking saved as a .tmp file, but when I deleted the buggy version of the save and replaced it with the .tmp file (after deleting the .tmp extension) my save started to work. The last family I had played was my vamp Lillith Vatore and I had given her a job as a romance consultant.

About The Sims 4 Technical Issues - PC

PC players get help with their technical issues in The Sims 4 here.235 PostsLatest Activity: 15 minutes ago