Forum Discussion

EA_Abril
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS JULY 14TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS JULY 14TH - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul sul everyone!

...and welcome to this week's highlights. It's been an incredible week, full of fascinating stories and creations that have definitely inspired me. But, before we get started, we have some important info to share:

• In other news, a new LiveStream with The Sims Team will be available this Friday 14th. So get your favourite snacks and your nicest drinks ready, and remember to check in at 11am PT for our latest livestream featuring The Sims 4: Horse Ranch! You can see it on YouTube and Twitch 🀩

Back to the highlights, I wanted to start by sharing this beautiful image that was posted by @Becka28 this week:

Aneira enjoying her birthday gift, posted here by @Becka28

So here are this week's number five:

• This question comes from @waterywatermelon. Who is asking us How do you share your sims stories? Are you a screenshot taker, or have you ever attempted with video content? If so, how do you edit them? Do you make little snippets and share them πŸ“Έ, or do you prefer to do it all at once and make a big film? πŸŽ₯ Do you have a specific style, do you know how it will turn out from the start, or do you organize it as the story unfolds? In my case, I take pictures of everything πŸ“·, and you? Tell us how you do it....

• Next one is @Sthenastia, that has provided a little help for all console Sims players (PS/Xbox) with the Console build mode tricks. A super informative video that will show you how to adjust the size, raise and lower objects, place items in a bookcase πŸ“š, among other amazing tips πŸ“. Do you have a trick that hasn't been included, a favourite one, or have you discovered a new one recently? We want to know all about it.

• On the other hand, we have @luckyheather with a renovation of the City Living Apartments in Industrial Style, which I'm not sure why I have the feeling will blend perfectly with the new kit that will be released next year (Goth fashion πŸ€πŸ–€). The beautiful plants 🌻 stick out against the gorgeous merge of concrete with blacks and whites. A beautiful apartment in which I wish my sims to live in 😁. Have you seen it? If not, don't miss out on this fantastic renovation.

• Has anyone heard of the decades challenge? Not yet? 😲 Well, @JAL is doing it, and it offers us a crucial question for the progression of her story: who do you think Abigail should marry? For starters, I love her rule-breaking attitude, because we all know rules are there to be broken 😝. So she has decided to create a single, hard-working, independent lady living in the 1890s πŸ‘©β€πŸ«. This teacher has a big dream and that is to marry and start a family, so do you want to help her? @JAL has given us a list of possible candidates with their pro and const, so which one do you go for? Help Abigail to find the love of her life, πŸ’˜...

• The following is a curious thread brought up by @MrPlumbob... Do your sims have any peculiar routine? In my case, I once had one who was continually washing her hands, I wonder if she predicted what was to follow years later πŸ™ˆ. In @MrPlumbob situation, Cynthia is always on the lookout for a treadmill and runs as soon as she spots one. At least, it's a healthy obsession, πŸƒβ€β™€οΈ. What about your sims? Are there any odd routines that you find strange? Please tell us about it...

So concludes another week of highlights. There are some amazing stories and mentions in this week, so if you haven't clicked on it yet, now is the time. πŸ˜‰

Thank everyone, and have a wonderful week! ....

EA_Abril
  • Just saw this today. Congrats to everyone mentioned, and thanks for the mention EA_Abril

• Thank you so much @EA_Abril for mentioning my Industrial Apartment :) and thanks for saying you think it will match with the coming Goth Fashion pack next year as I am a Goth and cant wait for that pack <3
  • Congrats to everyone mentioned - your build was amazing, as always @luckyheather
    thanks @Ellupelluellu - I hadn't looked at the highlights this week.
    Tcee11
    Rising Rookie
    Congratulations to all mentioned!
    Thanks @EA_Abril for another great list!
    Have a great week everyone!