Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Seasons: how long is your spring, summer, fall and winter?

Hi everyone :)

My seasons have 14 days each. I'm not happy with it and i have a small idea of how to make them better but i would love to hear how do you manage your seasons. It doesn't matter which game you play (1, 2, 3 or 4) or if you use mods or not. Anything can help :)

How long is your spring, summer, fall and winter? And why do you made it that way?
  • in ts3 i think i had it set on fall like 99% of the time

I just like fall what more can I say

in ts4 idk but i think its the default like 4 sim weeks per season

kinda annoyed cause i keep feeling stuck in winter season lately when thats not what my save needs atm

then again i guess i can blame myself for taking too long with this story of mine
  • I use 28-day seasons. Long growing seasons for everything in the garden in any given year, and with the challenge from Cottage Living, my sims tend to make a lot more seasonal foods in their kitchens to use their fresh produce.
  • All of my seasons are 28 days long. Makes things more realistic for me because I play long lives (I will only age them when I feel like it's the right time)
  • "simgirl1010;c-18009033" wrote:
    @GirlFromIpanema time really has no meaning in my game. ? I play with aging off and celebrate birthdays and holidays when I feel the time is right.

Well that sounds much more relaxing than my game! :lol: Honestly, I really like the structure of planned holidays and traditions, I don't know how I coped before got Seasons.

I did use to play with aging off and celebrate birthday when it felt time, too, but then my generations save ended because I was only three generations in and refused to age anyone up anymore. :lol:
  • Thank you all for your comments!
    I think i'll have 7 days per season, only summer will get 21 :smile:

About The Sims Franchise Discussion

Discuss The Sims Medieval, the original The Sims, and speculate on the future of the franchise, including Project Rene.1,007 PostsLatest Activity: 11 seconds ago