Forum Discussion

9 years ago

How do Formless Terrors Work / Leaderboard

Regarding number three I think I remember reading on addicts that you get 4 random crafting currency regardlessregardless if your neighbour taps them or not.
  • its complicated to read cause it's formulas for that stuff. that's why i never do guides on the neighbours stuff. sorry
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    its complicated to read cause it's formulas for that stuff. that's why i never do guides on the neighbours stuff. sorry

i understand completely. No worries
  • I was curious about the number of times each terror is tapped. I get some that poof away on the first tap and others I have to chase around and tap repeatedly.

• I was under the impression that the additional formless terrors occur when your friend has dropped multiples.

I tell ya....these formless thingys are not easy to chase and squash. They have seriously tested my hand/eye coordination! LOL ;)

Happy Halloween!
  • I know for sure I'm not receiving formless terrors from some friends. I have two IRL friends sitting next to me. I can receive one of their terrors but since the start of the event I've never once received a terror from the other. We have all done the quests to the proper point, and beyond. No amount of waiting around or restarting the game ever gets the terrors to spawn. It's not a limit issue either. The friend I cannot get formless terrors from will be the first one to send them when the dailies roll over and I will still not get them. He gets mine all day long. Furthermore its not just this one friend. I have several online friends with the same problems. Some terrors get through some don't. EA simply has bugs in their system and won't or can't fix them.
  • marcjas458 wrote:
    This is not how I understood it...

How I thought it worked is:
    You drop the terror
    Neighbor has 4 hours to pick up
    The sooner the neighbor picks up the more you get
    After four hours you get nothing and they go out of their way to tell you how much nothing you didn't get...

The number on the leader board is probably a combo of what you dropped and picked up and how quickly it was obtained...but ultimately I try to avoid the leader board as it has made me insecure about my progress...

Am I wrong?

It's nice when you and a neighbor are playing at the same time and you end up in a drop pick up loop with that person(s) then you can drop like 50-100 terrors in minutes and harvest the joy.

This is how I understand it too - it's sort of opposite of the way this mechanism has worked in the past. It seems this time around that both you and your neighbour get a bigger reward if you tap the formless terror sooner rather than later, and that if you miss it then your neighbour gets a smaller reward and you get nothing.

I have surmised this by looking at the pop ups that appear in my town regarding the formless terrors I have dropped. I could be wrong, though.
  • suetopia wrote:
    marcjas458 wrote:
    This is not how I understood it...

How I thought it worked is:
    You drop the terror
    Neighbor has 4 hours to pick up
    The sooner the neighbor picks up the more you get
    After four hours you get nothing and they go out of their way to tell you how much nothing you didn't get...

The number on the leader board is probably a combo of what you dropped and picked up and how quickly it was obtained...but ultimately I try to avoid the leader board as it has made me insecure about my progress...

Am I wrong?

It's nice when you and a neighbor are playing at the same time and you end up in a drop pick up loop with that person(s) then you can drop like 50-100 terrors in minutes and harvest the joy.

This is how I understand it too - it's sort of opposite of the way this mechanism has worked in the past. It seems this time around that both you and your neighbour get a bigger reward if you tap the formless terror sooner rather than later, and that if you miss it then your neighbour gets a smaller reward and you get nothing.

I have surmised this by looking at the pop ups that appear in my town regarding the formless terrors I have dropped. I could be wrong, though.

Formless terrors work like this:
    You drop terrors in a neighbours town and:

A) They tap them in less than 4 hours you and your neighbour receive 4 random crafting currency per formless terror.
    Or
    B) They don't tap them in less than 4 hours, the formless terrors disappear, you get 4 random crafting currency per formless terror and your neighbour gets nothing
  • so These points are applied to the prizes you get ONLY from visiting your neighbors towns .....this is a question because I'm not so sure i understand what this is about?
  • I feel like the crafting material isn't random at all :( the first time I sent out about 200 formless terrors and got 1000 snake eggs and 0 of everything else. Yester I sent out 18 and still got eggs as the majority. Every single time I keep getting more eggs. About 6 hours ago I sent 6 and got something like 6 eggs and 1 bunny ears.

There's nil chance it's influenced by your storyteller?