Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Increased Trolling Presence of Late

emmcee1 wrote:
I've noticed there have been quite a few tense moments that have popped up recently here on these forums. People being abusing to each other, I myself received an a abusive pm recently and I heard a fellow member even received a death threat. I mean come on people, this is a community many of us here have spent time building and with the terrific help of the mods have now made it a very friendly place, well it is for me. These mods have been flatout of late dealing with certain issues aswell as abusive and threatning members. This is not on, you don't like it leave, no one is forcing you to stay. Don't make every one else here have to put up with your negative feelings, it's not fair, and for everyone who happens to experience any of this, just ignore them, and go straight to a mod, they will certainly sort out that issue immediately. Thanks guys

+1 :thumbup:
  • I seem to have missed it all as well!

The thing is, it's not just this forum that attracts the trolls. I also post on a football forum and also a forum of a very popular band, and this type of thing goes on all the while. There's some pretty nasty stuff thrown about on the band's forum and all the people there are supposed to like the same thing!

It's people generally. I'm sure our governments are putting something in the water which is making people go nuts...

:shock:
  • darrenholm736 wrote:
    I seem to have missed it all as well!

The thing is, it's not just this forum that attracts the trolls. I also post on a football forum and also a forum of a very popular band, and this type of thing goes on all the while. There's some pretty nasty stuff thrown about on the band's forum and all the people there are supposed to like the same thing!

It's people generally. I'm sure our governments are putting something in the water which is making people go nuts...

LOL it's not the government, it's the anonymous nature of the internet.

There have been studies done on this topic ( :roll: , I know...lol) and people will behave poorly if they think nobody in their real life will ever find out. Also, often these trolls are the very same ones who are cowards in real life or being picked on somehow in real life. A well adjusted and happy person has no reason to behave so nasty online. Least that was the results of those studies, take away what you want from that.

• darrenholm736 wrote:
    I seem to have missed it all as well!

Or maybe they're not putting enough stuff in the water! :shock: :mrgreen:
  • mwdalton wrote:

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm puzzled as to why your sig doesn't show in your post on the first page.
  • darrenholm736 wrote:
    I'm sure our governments are putting something in the water which is making people go nuts...

They always have done & always will do stuff like that, that's not the only thing the Governments are up to! Look to the skies that's another example ;)
  • shaygitz wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

On an entirely unrelated note, I'm puzzled as to why your sig doesn't show in your post on the first page.

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/technical/3f04.jpg

Haha, nah, I must have unticked 'append signature' by accident :wink:
  • melodyhodge wrote:
    crosby357 wrote:
    I always miss these things.

Lol, same. Good thing too, I'd give the troll a few choice words :twisted:
    problem is those choice words would be changed to **** :mrgreen:
  • mwdalton wrote:
    shaygitz wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

http://www.mundosimpson.com.ar/imagenes/technical/3f04.jpg

Haha, nah, I must have unticked 'append signature' by accident :wink:
    I flunked English in high school what the heck does append signature even mean :lol:
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    darrenholm736 wrote:
    I'm sure our governments are putting something in the water which is making people go nuts...

They always have done & always will do stuff like that, that's not the only thing the Governments are up to! Look to the skies that's another example ;)

OH NO!! Not you too!!

My brother is convinced that all the contrails over his Texas ranch (he raises goats and llamas) are evidence of the government tampering with the weather.
  • lissarv68 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    darrenholm736 wrote:

OH NO!! Not you too!!

My brother is convinced that all the contrails over his Texas ranch (he raises goats and llamas) are evidence of the government tampering with the weather.

Well, it's the 2nd of July and we've had three days of sun in the UK so there's something funny going on. Normally, we don't get any sun at all....!